Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Side Armor Height

Old 03-24-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks DeepSeaRufio, those pics really help a lot... especially the second one.

btw awesome jeep! It's close to what I hope mine will look like someday but i have to start slowly while i budget my money lol.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Here you go, They are pretty flush with the lowest part of the frame, on the passenger side the gas tank is the lowest point.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	141498Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	141499
Old 03-24-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Freak

[IMG] By goeagles88 at 2011-03-08[/IMG]

Here is a shot of them on my Jeep. They do hang down a bit, but it is misleading as the bottom bar is still roughly the same height as the bottom of the frame.

Personally I don't care as there are zero rocks in Louisiana and it is a nice looking, functional step. The caution is on the install...make sure you have a dremel tool as you will have bore out the bolt holes on at least one side. Everyone that has them had to do the same as me from what I've read.
Old 03-24-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Newbie

Thank You All!

These are exactly the kind of pics and information i wanted.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by sephlaire
Thanks DeepSeaRufio, those pics really help a lot... especially the second one.

btw awesome jeep! It's close to what I hope mine will look like someday but i have to start slowly while i budget my money lol.

Thanks, i did it all on a budget. Went with the rough country lift instead of teraflex. Honestly the only difference is that the teraflex 4" lift actually gives you 5". the rough country gives you 4" thats why i used a 3/4 daystar spacers to compensate. All in all i spent (if i paid full price) 1250 for the lift. i did the install my self. SO EASY. common tools and a finger lift was all i needed. My kit came with all 8 flex arms as well. If you ever get to compare the rough country and the TF you couldn't tell the difference in which is what because they are so identical. IMHO dont waste your money for the name when RC will be the same in the end. As for the tires.. i traded some stuff i had. the wheels. i paid 300 on craigslist in vegas. all on a budget.

Originally Posted by Goeagles88

Here is a shot of them on my Jeep. They do hang down a bit, but it is misleading as the bottom bar is still roughly the same height as the bottom of the frame.

Personally I don't care as there are zero rocks in Louisiana and it is a nice looking, functional step. The caution is on the install...make sure you have a dremel tool as you will have bore out the bolt holes on at least one side. Everyone that has them had to do the same as me from what I've read.

this is very true. Majority of the smittybilt side armor with step are defective. You can do 1 of 2 things.

1.) take a dremel or some sort of skinny grinding tool and spend about 5 minutes on the front 2 mounts on each side.

2.) called smittybilt and got another as a replacement. customer service @ smittybilt is 2nd to none. THEY WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. the next day i had it waiting at my doorstep.

Gluck with your build.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Side Armor Height