Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

smittybilt src rocker "protectors"

Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=jkfanatic;2428725]I almost bought these to save a few bucks...glad i waited and sprung for the evo's!!!
Attachment 186627[/QU
If smittybilt doesn't make it right, I'll be getting the poison spider brawler rockers (i believe that's what they call their boatside rocker protectors)
Old 08-16-2011, 02:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the SRCs Rocker Guards and was a little pissy with them not fitting properly. Took a grinder to them and made the body mount slots a little bigger to give a little play to move em around for the bolt holes to line up. that worked, but why have too?
Old 08-16-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Freak

do you have pics of the damage and slider? i just had 4Wheel Parts install SRC's on my 2010 Rubi. i took their advice after telling them what i was looking for and even asking that the stock Rubi rails would still be used like ACE. After the install they handed me my rails and tell me they don't fit with the SRC's. Wish I had bought the ACE since they keep the stock Rubi rails.
Since they wouldn't take them off and do a return per their policy, I'll think real hard about ordering from them and won't have them install anything else.

Last edited by jeeeep; 08-16-2011 at 06:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Same thing happened to me on both sides....I ended up getting the Smittybilt XRC Rock sliders and they are solid!!!!

I have tried warning people about the SRC ones on 4 doors.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:13 PM
JK Freak

Major body damage from these same sliders, waiting to hear back from SB to see what they are going to do about it...........
Old 10-22-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JEPITCH
Major body damage from these same sliders, waiting to hear back from SB to see what they are going to do about it...........
Do you have a pic?

Quick Reply: smittybilt src rocker "protectors"