Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards???

Old 06-25-2013, 10:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards???

Do they help as a step at all? They look like they come up pretty high?

Thanks!
Old 06-25-2013, 11:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those don't really act like a step, you can step on them but its not so easy. I looked into those and ended up getting Smitty Rock Crawler Side Armor. They protect, but can also be stepped on to get in the jeep, wife and son like them. Just be prepare to widen the holes a bit if there is a need to. They have some QC issues, I think they have corrected this, just a heads up. I struggled to get mine on, installed last year. They also help protect the side against impacts when you land on a rock. Some people have said that they have bent in the middle since it only has support in the front and rear were you attach them to the chassis, but mine have not done so (knock on wood), and I have landed on a few rock too. Another great thing is that they protect against mall @$$ wipes that think they need to exit the vehicle as they were a SWAT team raiding a crack house. Mine have different colors on them... LOL. I call it the rainbow of stupidity. Hope this helps.

Smittybilt Part 76633 - Rock Crawler Side Armor
Old 06-25-2013, 03:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The top bar will sit flush with your door sill, essentially making it wider like a step. Get some door sill protectors if you don't already have any. Mopar ones are cheap and made from sturdy plastic.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool
Those don't really act like a step, you can step on them but its not so easy. I looked into those and ended up getting Smitty Rock Crawler Side Armor. They protect, but can also be stepped on to get in the jeep, wife and son like them. Just be prepare to widen the holes a bit if there is a need to. They have some QC issues, I think they have corrected this, just a heads up. I struggled to get mine on, installed last year. They also help protect the side against impacts when you land on a rock. Some people have said that they have bent in the middle since it only has support in the front and rear were you attach them to the chassis, but mine have not done so (knock on wood), and I have landed on a few rock too. Another great thing is that they protect against mall @$$ wipes that think they need to exit the vehicle as they were a SWAT team raiding a crack house. Mine have different colors on them... LOL. I call it the rainbow of stupidity. Hope this helps.

Smittybilt Part 76633 - Rock Crawler Side Armor
Apparently Smittybilt has not corrected the hole alignment issue as I installed mine tonight and had to slightly grind two of the holes. Although I am not necessarily convinced that the alignment issue is not due to slight differences from vehicle to vehicle. Mine was only very slightly off. Well worth the time to install and can't beat the price.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Rocker Guards???