Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Oversized tire carrier REVIEW???

Old 01-30-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt SRC Oversized tire carrier REVIEW???

Anybody has this?

smittybilt.com/product/index/189.htm

I am currently trying to find an economic way to mount my 35" spare to my tailgate....

Does this item works fine? Is it safe for my tailgate?? Will it loosen the tailgate?

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-30-2012 at 08:00 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non sponsors
Old 01-30-2012, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

I run the same tire carrier on mine. I like it, haven't had any issues, however, I haven't had it long either. I like this one over stock because the weight is spread out better over the tailgate. Also, it has the verticle supports to keep tire from rocking back and forth.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am running this one. Great product. No issues yet. Holding my 35" tire with no problem.

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeep2.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	272219
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have one and the brake light extension piece rusted out and began to flap against the window. While it probably would have been very easy to just weld it back, I opted to just replace it with the same carrier. I really like the design and I feel like my 35" tire is really secure. Despite having a problem with mine after 3 years, I have no problem recommending it!

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Oversized tire carrier REVIEW???