Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper

Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RubiconGT
alright - I tried to install the winch without removing the bumper. The front bolts were no problem, but the back ones are. Any one have any tricks. By some act of god I got the rear drivers side bolt on, but I couldn't get the passenger side one (actually I gave up b/c after 10 min of trying my fingers were going numb from the cold). Went inside for one of these:

What type of socket or wrench did you guys use?

How does taking the bumper off make putting the bolts on easier? There is that wall right behind it that tucks under where the wrench should go. Brilliant design

That is my only gripe about the bumper - I think it is SOLID, cheaply priced, and looks great. I've got a pair of KC's on it and it really looks nice.
getcha a long socket extension and a swivel joint, its what i used, and its a bitch i tell ya. and you have to take the bumper off to do it, its light before the winch goes on, so be careful removing it with the extra weight, good luck
Old 01-31-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default easy enough

I just installed this bumper this weekend. Not bad at all. I too installed the winch first, it was hard enough not being mounted, I could not imagine doing it mounted. I had to drill out the two holes to 1/2 inch per the instructions, but no biggie there. Nice bumper. Less room to work with considering the sway bar disco motor, and that motor is in the open now. I am going to try to find/fab a skid plate. The bumper stops just short of protecting it.

I picked up the rear bumper as well. Much easier to install that. IF you buy that one, install the side bolts first, regardless of the instructions. It will make it easier.

Solid bumpers and they will hold up nice. A+ smittybilt.

Front-379.00
Rear -369.00

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper