Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper

Old 02-05-2010, 09:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

easy install and came with decent instructions. mine looks the same except without the hoops. comes with two holes pre drilled for lights and couldnt say what to do to fill in the spot for the winch with untill you get one
Old 02-05-2010, 09:51 PM
JK Freak

no body has pics come on now show some pics hahaha
Old 02-06-2010, 12:53 AM
JK Super Freak

i've had mine over a year, and no problems, easy install, winch is a bitch if you dont remove the bumper first, i liked it cuz it gives my fenders coverage along with the real i bought also. not the most expensive or popular bumper, but i does all i want to do with it. i hope you enjoy,
Old 02-06-2010, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by larzpdot
I'm about to order that bumper. Just curious..... for the auxiliary lighting, are there places pre-set to install them or do u gotta do some drilling?
Yes there are two preset holes for light. I wished it had light tabs on the pre runner guard like the Rugged Ridge.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I have had mine for a year now and it has been great. I have hit one end of the bumper against a tree and it did so without issue. It does offer some protection on the sides, but it won't be as strong as a full bumper. It is a bit lighter which is why I wanted it.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here is mine, I have had it for 18 months. There is a couple places where the powder coat is coming off, but black paint will fix it. I like it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 moab jeep-33 resize.JPG
Views:	539
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	36965   Click image for larger version

Name:	2008 moab jeep-34.JPG
Views:	521
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	36966  
Old 02-10-2010, 07:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Easy install. Install the winch before you mount the new bumper on the frame!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Question winch installation

alright - I tried to install the winch without removing the bumper. The front bolts were no problem, but the back ones are. Any one have any tricks. By some act of god I got the rear drivers side bolt on, but I couldn't get the passenger side one (actually I gave up b/c after 10 min of trying my fingers were going numb from the cold). Went inside for one of these:

What type of socket or wrench did you guys use?

How does taking the bumper off make putting the bolts on easier? There is that wall right behind it that tucks under where the wrench should go. Brilliant design

That is my only gripe about the bumper - I think it is SOLID, cheaply priced, and looks great. I've got a pair of KC's on it and it really looks nice.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:01 PM
JK Freak

I've been eyeing up this bumper myself. Been hinting really hard to my wife that it would make a fantastic Christmas gift! (Just got a little lift for our anniversary)
Old 06-11-2010, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skibum
I've got one on mine. Easy install. Just bolts in place of the factory bumper. When you do get a winch, take it back off, install the winch then reinstall the bumper. I didn't........and while it's possible to put the winch on with the bumper installed, it's not fun.
I second this. I had to have my wife (with her little hands) tighten down the rear two bolts holding the winch on. The only way to get to them is to reach through the little holes on the skidplate. PUT THE WINCH ON FIRST, before you mount the bumper. All in all an easy install, fit and finish was actually really good.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt SRC Front Bumper