Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt side armor steps.

Old 08-09-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that people don't like them because of the lesser quality of steel, but that's in direct relation to cost, so whatever you want to spend.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had mine (2 door) for about a year now w/no issues and I love them! I had zero install issues and would recommend these to anyone looking for a rock slider/step combo
Old 08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

I have the same ones. Just a couple of minor issues. They loosened some at -35 C. Just tightened them back up. The powdercoat is chipping and flaking off a lot and rust is appearing. Think I'll sand them down and bedline them soon. Other than that they're great!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:18 PM
JK Freak

I didn't buy the steps, but have the Rock Rails on my 2DR. I didn't buy the steps because I'm only in my early fifty's, and don't really need them yet. Plus no wife, only a son helps. They required grinding, but at this price I am happy with them.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt side armor steps.