Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt rear bumper

Old 11-01-2011, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt rear bumper

I would like to get reviews from those of you running the Smittybilt Rear XRC Bumper with 2" Receiver, I spend my money on gears, lift, tires and wheels so the price of this bumper is what has me thinking about it.
Please give me the plus and minus about this bumper. Also if you have pics of the actual bumper on your jeep would be great.
Thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a good bumper for the price. Seems really sturdy and was fairly easy to install.

The one downside if i had to pick one is that you really can't get any accessories for it. So no gerry can holders, cargo racks, etc like some of the higher end ones from LOD, Shrockworks, etc offer.

I ended up getting the or-fab tire carrier to use with mine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	231582 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	231583 Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	829
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	231584
Old 11-01-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have this rear bumper and tire carrier and agree it's good for the money. I have a 37in tires on my carrier and it really dosent make any noise which is a big plus! I also was rearended by a massive truck and the bumper looks bran new still! Not even chip the powder coat! If I could do it again I would have waited a couple more months and bought a pure jeep bumper or another of better quality. But it's still a great bumper e specially for the money.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go PureJeep, quality USA products and priced nicely.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadetogray
It's a good bumper for the price. Seems really sturdy and was fairly easy to install.

The one downside if i had to pick one is that you really can't get any accessories for it. So no gerry can holders, cargo racks, etc like some of the higher end ones from LOD, Shrockworks, etc offer.
You can get some aftermarket accessories for it. Lots of folks are running rockhard Kerry can holders and the rear rock rack.

I've been running this bumper for a 6-8 months now and definitely good value for the money. I do find that the swing rattles a bit. Nothing crazy but I am one of the folks whose bumper chatters on the body when the body mounts flex. Should be an easy fix. I'm gonna do. Couple tweaks this fall to adjust.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM
JK Junkie

It makes a little noise even when properly adjusted but it'll take a lot of abuse and it looks good for the price. I've had mine on since the first version was released over 2 years ago and it's held up great. They only thing is the powder coating is starting to chip off in certain areas which is no biggie for mr rattle can. Go for it, it's a good bumper at a great price.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good bumper have had no problems. As for racks and can holders I've seen a few on the xrc with tire carrier. If you can't find it create It. Ain't that what it's about ?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fadeout
It makes a little noise even when properly adjusted but it'll take a lot of abuse and it looks good for the price. I've had mine on since the first version was released over 2 years ago and it's held up great. They only thing is the powder coating is starting to chip off in certain areas which is no biggie for mr rattle can. Go for it, it's a good bumper at a great price.
What was the price? If you don't mind me asking
Old 11-01-2011, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lucas
Good bumper have had no problems. As for racks and can holders I've seen a few on the xrc with tire carrier. If you can't find it create It. Ain't that what it's about ?

Name:	image-826885834.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	231680

Name:	image-952942806.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	231681

Name:	image-2817031442.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	231682

Also mine came with a third brake light mount kit . Thinking of fabing it to hold the hi lift I currently have on the hood.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got mine for 850.00. Rear xrc bumper w/tire carrier

Quick Reply: Smittybilt rear bumper