Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt raised winch mount?

Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt raised winch mount?

Anyone know if the Smittybilt raised winch mounting plate for the JK will work with my ORF stubby without having to cut my bumper? (I can't find a good pic online, but its part #2803, on page 135 of the 4WD Holiday 2009 catalog). It has a "raised center section so that the roller fairlead does not interfere with bumper."

Here is the best image I can find.

Also, will it accommodate a Warn M8000 winch or maybe even the 9.5ti? Or the Superwinch Epi 9.0?
I'm assuming it accommodates and XRC8.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

bump

anybody out there can help with this?

Anyone from 4WD or Smittybilt?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 PM
JK Super Freak

bump. Anybody out there? any opinions even?
Old 11-28-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORF makes three different bumpers.

Is this the one you have? I'm guessing so, because the other two are "winch" bumpers and you should not need a mounting plate.

If that is the bumper you have, I can't answer your question for sure. Depending on how far back the top of the bumper goes, you may have to drill it in order to mount the winch plate to the frame of the Jeep...but my guess is that you wouldn't have to actually cut it.

Again...this is just a guess. I don't own either piece, so I can't tell you for sure.

I would be surprised if the winch plate didn't fit standard winches like the 9.5ti, and M8000...but neither the 4WD website nor the smittybilt website give any specifics.

I would call and talk to someone from smittybilt before you spend your money.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by w squared
ORF makes three different bumpers.

Is this the one you have? I'm guessing so, because the other two are "winch" bumpers and you should not need a mounting plate.

If that is the bumper you have, I can't answer your question for sure. Depending on how far back the top of the bumper goes, you may have to drill it in order to mount the winch plate to the frame of the Jeep...but my guess is that you wouldn't have to actually cut it.

Again...this is just a guess. I don't own either piece, so I can't tell you for sure.

I would be surprised if the winch plate didn't fit standard winches like the 9.5ti, and M8000...but neither the 4WD website nor the smittybilt website give any specifics.

I would call and talk to someone from smittybilt before you spend your money.
Yep, thats my bumper. I already have an email in to them, and a call. The haven't gotten back to me yet, so we will see I guess.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:32 PM
cfr
JK Freak

Find out if this is shipping yet. Last time I checked, it wasn't. Send a PM to Bustabizz at 4wd.com.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Former Member

It is not shipping yet. It is showing me Jan 2010 it will be available.

It should work with any non winch bumper.

It will fit any standard winch.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joneszj
Anyone know if the Smittybilt raised winch mounting plate for the JK will work with my ORF stubby without having to cut my bumper? (I can't find a good pic online, but its part #2803, on page 135 of the 4WD Holiday 2009 catalog). It has a "raised center section so that the roller fairlead does not interfere with bumper."

Here is the best image I can find.

Also, will it accommodate a Warn M8000 winch or maybe even the 9.5ti? Or the Superwinch Epi 9.0?
I'm assuming it accommodates and XRC8.
Ever get this done? I'm looking to do the same thing on the top of my PureJeep non-winch bumper.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt raised winch mount?