Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt prices seem low?

Old 01-05-2017, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Even their hard stuff is typically made with thinner gauge metal and crappy welding. I did some mods to a tube bumper once it was just a bit thicker then a pop can. They are cheaper because they are built that way with low quality materials and near slave labor from overseas. Like Rough Country lifts, they fill the need for a low cost solution for those that don't want to spend the money.
not sure. both the XRC bumpers i have bought are 3/16 steel and have never had any issues with welds. Got them both back in 2013 and they have held up just fine.
I see no need to spend 800$ + on a bumper i have no plans on ramming into everything.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I agree with dirtman. Smittybilt products in my eyes have always been low end junk. Attachment holes don't line up. Parts rust within 2 weeks.

BUT my experience with them was with my YJ back in the late 90s/early 2000ish time. Reading this thread, it sounds like they may have improved. I would defer to opinions of more recent purchasers.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ReadyToMount
All of the bumpers and sliders are made of 3/16" cold rolled steel which is pretty standard thickness across the industry. The tubing is .120" wall. They have stepped up there game in the past 5 years even more. Maybe you had an older version. In regards to welds etc. It is not quite up there with top fabricators as this is more a mass production type product. I do feel they have shifted from a budget product to a mid line product where they hover at the best bang for the buck for your average wheeler/Jeep owner.
"So is their body armor"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1890859859.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	485.2 KB
ID:	664062   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1356873829.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	664064  
Old 01-05-2017, 12:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
"So is their body armor"
Here's where I keep my smittybilt stuff.... good winter weight for the beater
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4065060624.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	529.1 KB
ID:	664063  
Old 01-05-2017, 01:25 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Amazing to see "Americans" sell out their own country and on top of that, put their money in the pockets of establishment executives who favor slave laboring thus advocating this douchebaggery practice.

Yes, let's continue to oppress a portion of humanity so they may continue to only make $2/hour and live in shantyville's under their communist-fascist government.

Apparently there is no reason to buy the low priced options from good mfg's such as JCR Offroad, VKS (where their front bumper starts at $283 bucks), ACE mfg, etc.

Blows my fawking mind....

Old 01-05-2017, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJ1
Amazing to see "Americans" sell out their own country and on top of that, put their money in the pockets of establishment executives who favor slave laboring thus advocating this douchebaggery practice. Yes, let's continue to oppress a portion of humanity so they may continue to only make $2/hour and live in shantyville's under their communist-fascist government. Apparently there is no reason to buy the low priced options from good mfg's such as JCR Offroad, VKS (where their front bumper starts at $283 bucks), ACE mfg, etc. Blows my fawking mind.... .
I wouldn't call it oppression. At $2/hr in China, one can live rather comfortably. You may burn to death in a factory fire, but...
Old 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by cjnomo
I wouldn't call it oppression. At $2/hr in China, one can live rather comfortably. You may burn to death in a factory fire, but...

Sure bub, whatever you say....

Always been a life-long dream of mine to just sleep on the factory floors. Bright side is I would no longer need a car and save what would have been gas money...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 4.51.04 PM.png
Views:	196
Size:	556.6 KB
ID:	664073

...btw 150 british pounds per month = $186 USD per month = $6.20 USD per day. Good thing the majority of lower class Chinese slaves just eat rice and veggies.

I wonder if the workers at JCR, VKS, Genright, ACE, LOD, etc. all sleep on the shop/factory floor in between shifts?

Maybe a representative from their companies can chime in LMFAO...

The REAL Toy Story: Chinese factory workers forced to sleep among piles of doll parts as they churn out Christmas presents
---> Real Toy Story: The Chinese factory workers forced to sleep on factory floors | Daily Mail Online

...but I guess if one get that raise to $2.50 per hour, I could be "moving on up to a deeeeelux apartment in the sky".....

Nothing like having a curtain-walled squat shitter right next to your bed post. Chicks dig it.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 4.53.30 PM.png
Views:	192
Size:	577.5 KB
ID:	664074

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 4.53.58 PM.png
Views:	186
Size:	439.7 KB
ID:	664075

Hong Kong's human battery hens: Claustrophobic images show how slum families squeeze their lives into the tiniest apartments
---> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...partments.html

SEE IT: Heartbreaking photo series shows poor families living in cramped, closet-sized apartments in Hong Kong slums
---> http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.1273112

...additional pics...
---> https://bashny.net/t/en/89741

What's really awesome is when the fascist big-corporate executives decide to install "suicide catch nets" outside on the perimeter of their buildings so employees have a tougher time suiciding themselves...

search terms "apple foxconn suicide nets"

---> https://www.google.com/search?q=appl...VjTitTvoSOM%3A

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-01-05 at 5.11.13 PM.png
Views:	112
Size:	422.0 KB
ID:	664076

Latest Foxconn Worker Deaths Build Case For Apple To Move Operations From China - 8/22/2016
---> Forbes Welcome

These deaths once again shine a light on Foxconn's harsh working conditions, in which poor factory workers are paid measly wages and forced to work overtime -- sometimes 14 hours a day, seven days a week -- to build Apple products that are then sold at high prices to consumers (like I've written before, the bargain value of Xiaomis and OnePluses makes it very hard to justify paying US$800 plus for Apple or Samsung phones).

Foxconn suicides @ Wikipedia
---> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

The Foxconn suicides occurred at the so-called "Foxconn City" industrial park in Shenzhen, China.[1] The 18[2] attempted suicides by Foxconn (Chinese: 富士康) employees resulted in 14 deaths—the company was the world’s largest contract electronics manufacturer at the time.[2][3][4] The suicides drew media attention, and employment practices at Foxconn were investigated by several of its customers, including Apple and Hewlett-Packard (HP).[5] Foxconn is a major manufacturer that serves high-profile consumer electronics firms such as Dell, Motorola, Nintendo, Nokia, and Sony.[5]

Keep snapping up those commie made goods. Humanity thanks you. The commie Chinese Navy / military thanks you.

Last edited by DJ1; 01-05-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahahaha
Old 01-05-2017, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar thing here in USA, everyone shops at Walmart knowing they treat their employees like crap.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:37 PM
DJ1
Former Member

Originally Posted by Horsebeater
Similar thing here in USA, everyone shops at Walmart knowing they treat their employees like crap.

Not "everyone".......only the dumbed down masses do.

I haven't stepped inside a f*cking Walmart in probably at least 8 years and that's being very conservative. In my case, it's actually more like 9 or 10 years and why you'll also never see me standing 2 hours outside a big box retailer on a black friday "sale" for commie goods.....

Do I have some commie made products. Yes, for example I've got a Dewalt 20 volt brushless impact that was made in China but I do my very best to walk & talk with my wallet. I'd be happy to trade today for a Dewalt unit that was made in the USA considering Dewalt executives have finally woken the hell up and have slowly started bringing their mfg back to the US where it damn belongs.

Dewalt’s “Built in the USA” Campaign: Marketing BS or the Real Deal?
-- 6/4/15
---> Dewalt?s ?Built in the USA? Campaign: Marketing BS or the Real Deal?

That’s not to say that there aren’t marketing motivations for Dewalt to bring some manufacturing back to the United States. In a press release about an upcoming expansion of a plant in Indiana, it says:

"Given a choice between a product made in the United States and an identical one made abroad, 78 percent of Americans would rather buy the American product, according to a 2013 survey by the Consumer Reports National Research Center."

Maybe once the marxist-in-chief finally gets out of office, we can also get US commodity processing plants back online so we don't have to deal with "global" materials LMFAO....

...and for all the "delicate" snowflakes out there that happen to be reading this, I actually happen to be part Chinese. Sorry to take away your "racist" talking points. Back to the drawing board for you.

Last edited by DJ1; 01-05-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt prices seem low?