Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

smittybilt fenders?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smittybilt fenders?

has anyone seen or have these new fenders? i want to get them for my JK but am worried about quality as they are from smittybilt. any thoughts?

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/139.htm

Last edited by Robar; 08-04-2010 at 06:54 PM. Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST CLICKABLE NON SPONSOR LINKS
Old 08-04-2010, 06:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have judged Smittybilt quality. If you don't think there quality is up to par, look for something else. That being said, it is a fender. Some day, some how, it will get hammered.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have there rock sliders, they were a pain in the ass to install but other than that i dont think there quality is that bad, but to some people on here it inst that good
Old 08-05-2010, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

I have the XRC front winch bumper, XRC sliders and XRC rear tire carrier bumper and have not had any problems. I'll admit my front bumper was tuff to get on, but the other parts went pretty smooth. I am now looking at the XRC fenders.....
Old 08-05-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kking08
has anyone seen or have these new fenders? i want to get them for my JK but am worried about quality as they are from smittybilt. any thoughts?

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/139.htm
I have the SRC bumper and was recently in a wreck. If it would not have been for the bumper, the damage to my baby would have been ALOT worse. I happen to like their products and would buy them again.

I wished they were a sponsor here, like some of the other companies but that is my only complaint
Old 08-05-2010, 07:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by D_Acord
I have the SRC bumper and was recently in a wreck. If it would not have been for the bumper, the damage to my baby would have been ALOT worse. I happen to like their products and would buy them again.

I wished they were a sponsor here, like some of the other companies but that is my only complaint
Smitty is owned by Transamerican Autoparts (Same company as 4wd.com who is a sponser here) who I believe moved Smitty to the Compton, ca Corp HQ. All I know is that now everyone I know with one if their parts (Bumpers, winches, sliders etc) is generally happy with them. Of course like every company out there there are occasional problems but their customer service is EXCELLENT and will always take care of the customer. I have their rear bumper and love it.

I would say that if you like their fenders just give them a try, Their 2 fender styles are unique so if you like them they are it. Order them from one of the 4wd.com reps that sponser this forum, they should be able to give the best deal (Same company) and if they are not good or do not fit their return policy is pretty good too.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

i am wondering if these will fit with the AEV snorkel. i have some damage on my driver side fender and was looking to these for replacement rather then having the body work done.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

im looking to run them with the river raider snorkel, if you look in the pictures there is a vent or something on the right fender, maybe it is removable so you can run a snorkel
Old 08-05-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another thumbs up for Smittybilt. I read all the stuff on here and was very skeptical to use their products. However I ran into a JK owner that was selling a new in box rear bumper... I tried it on before buying it and the fit was perfect. Looked good, quality was good, had no complaints. So I took the leap and bought their front winch bumper- once again I was very impressed by the looks, quality and ease of install. That being said- the company definitely deserves a thumbs up on their products. Good quality, looks and reasonably priced.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 PM
JK Freak

I really like these a lot, they'd be as good as any fender. Maybe not a stout as some of the tube fenders.

Quick Reply: smittybilt fenders?