Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt Atlas Rear bumper - side pics please + opinions

Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smittybilt Atlas Rear bumper - side pics please + opinions

Looking for some full profile side pics of rigs with this bumper. I am trying to see if the rear tire hangs too far off the rear. Anyone with this bumper i would like to hear your opinions and see some pictures. I am currently stuck between this bumper/carrier, the Besttops Highrock, and possibly the LOD

Thanks guys
Old 04-13-2014, 12:20 PM
JK Newbie

i have it and i love it i love the rear tire carrier The only thing i dont liken is that from a side view, spare tire sticks out so far
Old 04-13-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Newbie

oh and its super heavy so expect some loss in acceleration and mpg im clocking in at 13 mpg with all the weight ive added to my car (and thats not including my hilift jack which woul be like another 70lbs)
Old 04-13-2014, 02:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you have any pics or have some time to post some I would appreciate it Google is not really giving me any side views to see how far the tire sticks off the rear
Old 04-14-2014, 09:08 AM
JK Newbie

found this on jeepforum.com. Full install review of the Atlas rear with pictures.

Smittybilt 76896 XRC Atlas Rear Bumper Install and Review - JeepForum.com

This sealed it for me. XRC in the front, Atlas in the rear.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Smittybilt Atlas Rear bumper - side pics please + opinions

There is another atlas rear bumper thread in this section, it has all the pics you could want including some side shots on the last pages, sec I'll jut find it and edit post lol...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/smittybilt-xrc-atlas-bumpers-256462/

Example of a side pic

Not my jeep just the last pic posted in that thread which happens to be a great pic of the profile

I absolutely love this rear bumper and plan on running one in the nearish future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by suprablaski; 04-14-2014 at 09:45 AM.
Old 04-14-2014, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I saw that thread its great. I am looking for a 15 feet away maybe another 30-40 feet away full side profile picture of whole vehicle with setup. Thank you guys for the responses so far. I am also open to anyones thoughts on this set up
Old 04-14-2014, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

i will take pics asap
Old 04-20-2014, 04:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nobody wants to show this off?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by suprablaski
There is another atlas rear bumper thread in this section, it has all the pics you could want including some side shots on the last pages, sec I'll jut find it and edit post lol...

Smittybilt XRC Atlas Bumpers

Example of a side pic

Not my jeep just the last pic posted in that thread which happens to be a great pic of the profile

I absolutely love this rear bumper and plan on running one in the nearish future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is my Jeep and you are more than welcome to use the picture.

I have my tire mounted high so now my departure angle is better than stock, even with the set back from the tailgate, which is only 8 inches, the width of a gas can.

As for the poster lamenting the weight and poor mileage, that's all you, bro. I just ran the Mojave Road, fully loaded inside, with camping gear and 15 gallons of water and 10 gallons of gas on the XRC Atlas, a Frontrunner Offroad grill, and a Trasharoo full of firewood hanging off of my spare tire and I averaged 17.4 MPG getting from L.A. To Needles, CA to start the off road trip, then averaged 14.1 MPG on the trail

Quick Reply: Smittybilt Atlas Rear bumper - side pics please + opinions