Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smittybilt or Ace?

Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually now that I think about it and research it more, I'm liking the looks of the Rancho door slides? Anyone see those first hand? Are they more of a step or do offer off road protection?
Old 01-06-2012, 03:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ACE is awesome
Old 01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TJM12
Actually now that I think about it and research it more, I'm liking the looks of the Rancho door slides? Anyone see those first hand? Are they more of a step or do offer off road protection?
Man those look sweet, but $700+ they better protect the entire jeep! Damn.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bingote

Man those look sweet, but $700+ they better protect the entire jeep! Damn.
Oh, forget it! Didn't realize they cost that much. Probably not worth 2 1/2 times the ace ones
Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TJM12

Oh, forget it! Didn't realize they cost that much. Probably not worth 2 1/2 times the ace ones
Yeah... I'm still not decided between the smitty and the ace, the problem with the smitty outlined before was some time ago and not with thw ones i like (src classics with step) they cost almost the same as Ace
Old 01-06-2012, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered ACE the other day...got an email today saying they are back logged and won't ship until next week....dude said he has never seen a busier time...That tells me they are the ones to go with...just my opinion.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by CbtEngr
I just ordered ACE the other day...got an email today saying they are back logged and won't ship until next week....dude said he has never seen a busier time...That tells me they are the ones to go with...just my opinion.
Well the price is right and they seem to make only a few things but very well apparently. This is probably the road I'll go down soon. That link about the smittybilt really turned me off to the idea of going that route. The only bad thing is the $100 shipping fees.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Junkie

Google it I just found a place offering free shipping and a lower price
Old 01-07-2012, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

A while back when i was installing my ace rails i was having trouble getting my bolts out. I started a thread here asking what i was doing wrong. The guys at ACE emailed me personally to make sure i had everything figured out(bought em from krawl off road). Talk about good cust service. I will endorse their produce every time!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Smitty 2dr SRC Rocker Guards on mine, and they have been great. They have taken some good hits on the rocks, and had no problems. Also, Smitty makes the SRC Rocker Guards, and the SRC Side Armor. Side Armor hangs too low, and are more of a step than a rocker guard.

Quick Reply: Smittybilt or Ace?