Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitty Situation... Lift and nothing to step on :(

Old 12-14-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smitty Situation... Lift and nothing to step on :(

Hi all! I have the Smitty rocker guards, which are awesome, but there's no where to step... I'm 6'3" and it takes some effort now to hop in... I'm lifting 2.5" and getting 35" tires which will result in 5" of lift and my girlfriend is gonna kill me .

Is there any alternative or way to add something to my rocker guards so I can step on em? I'd rather not have to jump on a trampoline or use a rope ladder to get in every day. Has anyone else had this problem or do I gotta suck it up. Thanks!

(oh yeah just ordered some schmitty roll bar grab handles so that my help...)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0574.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	249883Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	249884
Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same rockers with a 2.5 lift and 35s. Im 5'10 and it really isnt that bad getting in once you get used to it. The ladies may have a hard time but that just gives you an excuse to show them how tough and strong you are by tossing them in
Old 12-14-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Monte417
I have the same rockers with a 2.5 lift and 35s. Im 5'10 and it really isnt that bad getting in once you get used to it. The ladies may have a hard time but that just gives you an excuse to show them how tough and strong you are by tossing them in
Good call! I had some chick (5' nothingish) hop in the back seat last weekend at night after wheeling... SHE WAS COVERED IN MUD N' GRASS!

& All my ol' lady's pants have a permanant mud mark on the left thigh
Old 12-14-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ffjc813
u must be the shortest 6"3 guy ever! haha jk.. im 5"10 and i have a 4" lift and 37's w/ those guards and have no issue once so ever...... did u put them on up side down?
Nah, its just a pain trying to hop in sometimes with nothing to step on... Maybe im just whiney today ... Just wasnt sure if it sucks going up a few more inches...

And, im pretty sure they're on right side up lol... I didnt get the ones with the step on em...
Old 12-14-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	STEP.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	249936

(6" depth) Wasn't sure if they had something like this, or if anyones made something like this.... Kinda like MBRP's step
Old 12-14-2011, 12:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Being 5'4" I get a running start sometimes. just try to park with your drive side front tire on something to flex it down for your girl.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Newbie

Same thing happened to my wife. She's pregnant and has a heck of a time getting in. I can usually slide in if I grab the steering wheel or grab handles, but its certainly not as easy as stock height, and you will wear out the side of the driver's seat pretty quickly.

I could not find a low enough alternative that was fixed in position, so I chose the Amp Research Power Steps. They are expensive, but should fit the bill and then some. 5 year warranty is not bad, and the wife won't be on my back any longer....literally.

Quick Reply: Smitty Situation... Lift and nothing to step on :(