Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitty built corner/fender guards anyone running them?

Old 12-20-2012, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

Location: Santa Rosa Ca, Wine country, Base of the emerald Triangle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smitty built corner/fender guards anyone running them?

I want to see if anyone is running the Smitty built XCR corner fender guards. Pics and what you think of them? fit? ect. For those who don't know this is a pic of them front and rear
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smittybuilt.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	400245  
Old 12-20-2012, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

There's a jeep in my area that is identical to that one. Makes me wonder if he won it in a raffle from smittybilt or something? They look good in person, but I'm told that its a lot of work to get those fenders on. Cutting and drilling and such. They don't cover much of the tire either. So mud, rocks, water will be spraying everywhere I'd think
Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MangoWilly
There's a jeep in my area that is identical to that one. Makes me wonder if he won it in a raffle from smittybilt or something? They look good in person, but I'm told that its a lot of work to get those fenders on. Cutting and drilling and such. They don't cover much of the tire either. So mud, rocks, water will be spraying everywhere I'd think
No cutting just drilling and nutcerts the nutcerts are what people have the problems with
Old 12-20-2012, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

I want to build somthing like this
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smittybuiltrubi.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	400269  
Old 12-22-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a friend that has this fender set up and I have to say I personally do not like how they fit. They are functional and strong but being they do not fit well they leave gaps in all over the place. I am pretty picky about that though. I was excited to see them when they first came out but very happy he bought them before I could! The powder coating is cheap also. Not trying to bash them for the people who have them but for the money I would do the Genright, Poison Spyder or Metalclock set up. GenRight has the rear fender/corner guard combo that I wish I had! Was not available when I bought my Poison Spyder fender and corners.
Old 12-22-2012, 05:16 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

I've seen these on a few rigs,like said above it took a lot of time to get them to fit well.The hole for the gas fill was the hardest.My is sometimes it's better to pay for something that fits well than what it cost

Quick Reply: Smitty built corner/fender guards anyone running them?