Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitty Built

Old 04-18-2007, 03:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the front bumper is deffinetly on there though
Old 04-18-2007, 07:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, the other pictures are of the TJ or YJ versions, which are almost identical. Because of the differences in the JK, they had to redesign the bumpers. They have gone through several iterations, and the are finally satisfied with these prototypes.

4WD has had them on the website for over two months, with estimated prices, and items listed as backordered for several months. If you have ordered something from them, do not take their time estimates as fact. Call smittybilt directly. All the time frames Mat from Smittybilt has given me seem to be pretty close, as far as development, and when pictures would be available, etc.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Looking at things more closely, this rear bumper...

is no where close to being the same bumper as this (as found on 4WD.com)...

or this...

So far as I could tell, the bumper shown in the first pic didn't even have provisions for a swing out tire carrier. Also, so far as I know, no price has been released for it so I'm not exactly sure how anyone can compare it to anything else at this time. Or, did I miss something here?
Old 04-18-2007, 07:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I want to hold off on their rear bumper for two reasons
The first is a lack of necessity, and the second, I want to get some feedback about vibration with a 35" tire before I get a new rear bumper.

I saw a bumper today on a TJ that was vibrating about an inch up and down. That would be unsat for me.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Well, the other pictures are of the TJ or YJ versions, which are almost identical. Because of the differences in the JK, they had to redesign the bumpers. They have gone through several iterations, and the are finally satisfied with these prototypes.

4WD has had them on the website for over two months, with estimated prices, and items listed as backordered for several months. If you have ordered something from them, do not take their time estimates as fact. Call smittybilt directly. All the time frames Mat from Smittybilt has given me seem to be pretty close, as far as development, and when pictures would be available, etc.
I'm sorry, the point I was trying to make was that nobody knows how much this bumper will cost and I know for a fact that it doesn't even come with a swing out tire carrier (at least the ones in Moab didn't). Need I say, I don't know how anyone can make a fair comparison of it to anything out today especially when it comes price.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Eddie,

What did you think of the quality of the SRC front bumper? The shackle mounts look to be four 1/4" pieces welded together. Do you think that will be sturdy enough, versus some of the others that appear to have 1/2, 3/4, or 1 inch solid mounts?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:24 AM
JK Freak

Anyone have an update on Smittybilt bumpers? I really like their rear tire carrier bumpers that are less than $400.

Anyone know if they're shipping now? I heard Smittybilt was being bought out by Procomp and it was delaying shipping. I have no idea if thats really the case though.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bcperry2000
Anyone have an update on Smittybilt bumpers? I really like their rear tire carrier bumpers that are less than $400.

Anyone know if they're shipping now? I heard Smittybilt was being bought out by Procomp and it was delaying shipping. I have no idea if thats really the case though.
Jeez, that's all we need.. I will be next year before we get the Smittybilt rockers..!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

End of July for the first run (of 50) of SRC front bumpers. Rears with carriers are at least 3 months out, but that price will rise, so order it now if you want it.

I don't know about the rockers, as I bought Shrockworks for that.
Old 06-30-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
End of July for the first run (of 50) of SRC front bumpers. Rears with carriers are at least 3 months out, but that price will rise, so order it now if you want it.

I don't know about the rockers, as I bought Shrockworks for that.
HAS ANYONE EVEN SEEN THESE ANYWHERE YET?? BESIDES MOAB...

COPIED OFF THE 4WHEELDRIVE SITE..

Smittybilt Rock Crawler Side Armor, Textured Black, JK Wrangler, Unlimited, 2007 4 door model
Part #: 76634

Only $269.99 http://www.4wd.com/aux_incl/jeep-par...6633.jpg&w=150

The ultimate vehicle protection! Constructed of heavy duty 2" E-Coated powder coat steel tube, these tough Side Armor / Rocker Guard units are built to take on the roughest terrain! With two hot styles to choose from, you can customize your Jeep to fit your needs!

Last edited by captsam54; 06-30-2007 at 08:31 AM.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:19 AM
I&I
JK Newbie

Well for all it's worth I have some second hand information. I am not sure if it is correct or not, but just what I was told.

My installer has a spot at SEMA for his jeep which is now at Rampage getting bumpers fitted. He said Rampage makes the Smittybuilt bumpers and the Smittybuilt brand was bought by 4x4Parts (or something like that), but Rampage still makes them. So essentially he is getting the Rampage-built Smittybuilt bumpers installed. I will take some pics and post them when he gets it back next week.

Quick Reply: Smitty Built