Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Smitty Built

Old 04-16-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smitty Built

So i see they have bumpers for the JK. They are lower in price, have 1/4 inch steel and 2" tubes. So why is no1 talking about them? are they crap bumpers? I like the front and the rear and good looking. Details or opinions
Old 04-16-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigJerm
So i see they have bumpers for the JK. They are lower in price, have 1/4 inch steel and 2" tubes. So why is no1 talking about them? are they crap bumpers? I like the front and the rear and good looking. Details or opinions
Dunno... I almost bought a Smitty-built bumper years ago for my FJ40... until I found they put plastic end-caps instead of welding caps on... maybe they've changed that?:confused:
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Ordered one last week. They won't be shipping until the end of May, at the earliest though. But for under $300 shipped, it doesn't have to last forever to be a good value. Get me through a few years, and if it doesn't last, I'll upgrade then. For now, it's cheaper (an better looking, IMHO) than the Warn winch plate for the stock bumper.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

i am just curious. they look solid, look good, and aslong as the hold up to tow straps and branches they would do the job for me. I wont ever be hardcore rock crawling banging the bumpers around like that
Old 04-17-2007, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigJerm
Because their production is slooooowwwww. I have had rocker gauds on order for 2 1/2 months and am being told the end of the month (again). I also have a front bumper on order and the way things are, I might get it by July.
Old 04-17-2007, 05:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

well i figured there would be a delay. the aftermarket for the JK's hasnt hit mainstream yet. I am waiting for AtoZ rocker gaurds that i ordered 2 weeks back with no word of delivery yet. I just was curious as to why there isnt much buzz about them as there is with Pure Jeep and such. I like the Warn stuff but way to much money. Hopefully ill be ordering bumpers within a month but i may wait till some of yall recieve them and can post opinions/reviews
Old 04-17-2007, 07:10 AM
JK Freak

Maybe because Pure Jeep is a spnsor????
Old 04-17-2007, 08:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Just checked out the smittybilt website (gosmitty.com) and I don't see anything for the JK. Anybody know where I can find a picture of their front bumper?
Old 04-17-2007, 08:55 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Take a look at the gallery on project-jk.com. There's a ton of photos there.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skibum
Just checked out the smittybilt website (gosmitty.com) and I don't see anything for the JK. Anybody know where I can find a picture of their front bumper?

Here are pics of the front and rear bumpers

http://www.project-jk.com/wp-gallery...2_itemId=19240

Quick Reply: Smitty Built