Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Small Lift

Old 10-12-2010, 10:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small Lift

I have a 07 Sahara unlimited which has the factory larger tires. I would like to just get it lifted a couple inches. Its more for aesthetics then heavy wheeling or putting larger tires on it as i plan to retain the current tires. I'd like to do it the correct way and it will be due for some shocks in the near future anyway. So who make s a descent kit for this (2-3")? I think i would like to avoid the spacer thing.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by c5er
I have a 07 Sahara unlimited which has the factory larger tires. I would like to just get it lifted a couple inches. Its more for aesthetics then heavy wheeling or putting larger tires on it as i plan to retain the current tires. I'd like to do it the correct way and it will be due for some shocks in the near future anyway. So who make s a descent kit for this (2-3")? I think i would like to avoid the spacer thing.

Thanks in advance.
Everyone's going to have a different opinion on lifts. If you're sticking with the stock 18 inch Saraha wheels, then I wouldn't go too high as the wheels will then look too small. The Teraflex levelling kit is an inexpensive way to take out the factory rake and give a small lift (1.5 inches total);

If you decide to go higher and/or add wheels at a later stage, then you can probably get a good chunk of your money back by selling the levelling kit (not that it's a bank breaker anyway). Teraflex also do a version of the levelling kit that uses springs instead of spacers. Some good info. here;

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...t-Lift-for-the

Last edited by pontiacstogo; 10-12-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did a Budget Boost lift on mine, but I did buy the longer shocks. Still, it was under $200. I'm running 285 tires on 17's.

Old 10-12-2010, 03:02 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

So who make s a descent kit for this (2-3")? I think i would like to avoid the spacer thing.
Your best bet would be to get a small spacer kit.

The problem you are going to run into with coils is that they generally give more lift than advertised. (ie - a spacer is listed at 2.5", it gives 2.5". A coil is listed as 2.5", it gives 3.5-4") And as you go higher, you will want to add more components to bring you back to a 'stock' ride.

A positive side effect would be that as you go higher, those small stock tires will look worse and worse to you, so you'll end up with bigger shoes...

Quick Reply: Small Lift