Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sloppy Steering and breaking, whats wrong???

Old 12-09-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man I literally am in the exact same position, same tires, same lift, I got it installed july 28th, and I got the exact same problems. I got it checked out the other day and bottom line is that front adj track bar and some front lower control arms will do the trick. Now I'm just saving up for it all...
Old 12-10-2011, 03:59 PM
JK Newbie

Wink

had kinda the same problem. got the adj track bar and lower control arms, and it fixed the flighty steering,.. brakes didn't pull when applied, but i greased the pins anyway. uneven caster will cause a pull also. now i have a gravelly driveline type vibration that i can't locate. On the brightside, when i drop the driveshaft into the pavement, and it catapults me head first into the ditch, i should be able to steer it better...
Old 12-10-2011, 07:47 PM
JK Newbie

X2 on ball joints. Was the problem on my jeep. Also pulling to one side if you have air in a line on one side!
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgore2
I just won an ebay auction for RE adjustable front upper control arms. I'm hoping to get rid of the flighty steering on our 07. Does anyone know what center to center length is ideal for upper control arms with a 4" lift?
You'll need to adjust them shorter than stock( 18 3/4in eye to eye), try a half inch shorter

Last edited by mkjeep; 12-11-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Sloppy Steering and breaking, whats wrong???