Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Slingin' Grease

Old 02-11-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by medic_23387
I just put new drive shafts on two days ago and they are working well. I got mine from Dave at northridge and he gave me a good deal. You might want to call him. My front one was spitting grease but my back one looked ok. I went ahead and replaced both of them and man i'm glad I did. when I took the rear one off the the joint fell into three pieces and the bearings fell out. It was the one that seamed fine too. If you want to go the cam bolt route I have a set of cams for the JK brand new in the box sitting in my garage ill give to you cheaper than u can buy them. They will make your handling a lot better if new control arms are out of budget right now.
Well I already have cam bolts on the front. But thanks anyway. Am I correct in thinking they don't work for the rear?

I'm not going to ask for a recommendation for control arms (i'm sure there are plenty on the forum). But I'm wondering if there are any I should stay away from...Brand wise I mean.

Sorry about my ignorance; this is my first 4x4. I've never had a front drive shaft before! ...don't take that the wrong way.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by williard86

Well I already have cam bolts on the front. But thanks anyway. Am I correct in thinking they don't work for the rear?

I'm not going to ask for a recommendation for control arms (i'm sure there are plenty on the forum). But I'm wondering if there are any I should stay away from...Brand wise I mean.

Sorry about my ignorance; this is my first 4x4. I've never had a front drive shaft before! ...don't take that the wrong way.
They do work for the back if u wanna go the route. The back axle only needs to move about 1/4 in back. That is what a good source on here told me last week. I haven't really herd any bad things many control arms. I think the only ones I have ever herd anything bad about are skyjacker

Quick Reply: Slingin' Grease