Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Slime COMP06 Pro Power Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator

Old 08-06-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slime COMP06 Pro Power Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator

I was thinking about picking this up for the JK until I have an onboard air solution. Does anyone else use this and if so how happy are you with it?

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-COMP06-Power-Heavy-Duty-Inflator/dp/B000M8R0QM/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I3AGECDE03QCVW&colid =2WABVK37WV3NF

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by Moochie; 08-06-2010 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Please, no clickable links to non sponsors
Old 08-06-2010, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking from experience, I'd hold out and apply that $50 to your OBA fund. That compressor will probably fill oversized tires relatively slowly, and probably crap out after a few sessions. Also, it may overheat before you fill all 4, needing to cool off before you can finish.

If you must get something small to get you by, I recommend the Campbell Hausfeld units that are 120/12v and have a built-in battery. They're stout and I've never crapped one out, even filling up my 35"s from 20-35 psi. It took awhile, but it got done, even did most of it on battery power. Dunno what it is about those units, but they're better than most of the cheapo compressors out there.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have this unit and have used it 6-7 times with no problem for $50 bucks it is worth the money i wouldn't spend more for it. Plus I use it when fishing to fill my float tube.
Old 08-06-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one.......it works great. I have been using slime pumps for years with my motorcycle, and I have never had one let me down when I needed it. I bought mine at Autozone and it came in a nice carrying bag with a bottle of slime, the pump, cig lighter adapter, battery clamps, an assortment of air tips/connectors, the coiled air hose, some valve stem cores, valve stem core tool, tire gauge, reamer tool, plugger tool, and about 20 of the sticky rope style plugs. I think I paid ~$80 for the whole setup. For the price, it was well worth the money to have all that put together in a nice little compact tool set. The kit even has velcro sewn onto the back of the bag so you can throw it in the back of your vehicle and it sticks the carpet instead of sliding around.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:17 PM
cfr
JK Freak

I have the same one. It's not speedy (15-30 PSI in ~6 minutes for 35s) and it gets pretty hot after running for 20-25 minutes straight.

Got it at Walmart. I kept the box and receipt and plan on returning it if it dies (they'll take about anything back if you have the receipt).

If it lasts, it'll become the backup compressor when I get something better.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

thanks everyone for the responses, looks like i'll be getting one of these to hold me over until i get on board air.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
JK Jedi

ANY compressor is better than NO compressor when you need it.......like........yesterday...
Old 08-08-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been using the "Q Industries MV50 SuperFlow Hi-Volume Air Compressor" for 2 years now with no problems. For the price you can't beat it. I bought mine at Costco but have seen them on Amazon.com.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Slime Compressor

Slime Compressor on sale a Cabelos , Glendale AZ for $39.99......

Quick Reply: Slime COMP06 Pro Power Heavy-Duty Tire Inflator