Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Slight Steering Wheel Vibration at Idle (ONLY IN DRIVE)

Old 03-03-2016, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Slight Steering Wheel Vibration at Idle (ONLY IN DRIVE)

2016 JKU Sahara (less than 900 miles on the Jeep). Just added a 2.5 inch RC lift, adjustable front track bar and AEV geometry correction brackets. When I'm sitting idle in drive there is a very slight steering wheel vibration and if I put it in Neutral or Park it goes away. Any idea what it could be?
Old 03-03-2016, 05:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems you have a bad case of steeringitis and need to sell your rig. PM me for more information so I can take the Jeep off of your hands. Thank you
Old 03-03-2016, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

A lot of vehicles do this. When you switch into drive your engine idle likely changes a slight amount, as it is now pushing against the torque converter/drive line and brakes, causing the engine to be under a very slight load as compared to idle when in park or neutral causing a very slightly rougher idle with the transmission in gear. This is completely normal with an automatic transmission. Nothing to worry about.

Happy Jeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using JK-Forum

Last edited by tjkamp; 03-03-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Quick Reply: Slight Steering Wheel Vibration at Idle (ONLY IN DRIVE)