Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sliders and a body lift?

Old 04-02-2012, 06:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone explain what a body lift is? and why it is important? =] I am looking to get a 2.5 RC budget boost.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by leninglass
Can someone explain what a body lift is? and why it is important? =] I am looking to get a 2.5 RC budget boost.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...78&postcount=6
Old 04-02-2012, 07:31 PM
JK Freak

Your Jeep has points on it where the body is bolted to the frame. On a 2 dr its 10 total 5 on each side of the vehicle. I think there are 12 on an unlimited. If you add a body lift you are putting spacers on each of the points to raise the Jeep 1,2 or 3 inches depending on what you want to gain. I don't know if there are even 3 inch lifts for jeeps but 1 and 2 are often used. By putting on a body lift you raise the body off of the frame giving you room for bigger tires and space so the tires dont rub on your Jeeps body.

Most Jeeps have suspension lifts but if you dont want to spend the money on one of those or want to deal with drive shaft angles and only want a small amount of room for bigger tires go with the body lift. Its cheaper and easy to do yourself.

I have a 2 1/2 inch suspension lift and am putting on a 1.25 inch body Rough Country ( their lift is actually a small amount bigger than a standard 1 inch lift ). I run 35 inch tires and will post a pic this week showing my Jeep prior to the body lift and after it.......
Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 PM
JK Freak

I should have waited for that post, lol
Old 04-02-2012, 07:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MNTN JK
I should have waited for that post, lol
Nahhh, good info in yours.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here is mine. 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with 1" coil spacer in rear. 1.25" rough country body lift with 35 inch tires. I have poison spyder tub armor on there and am almost done welding on my own enhanced rubi rails. This was all done because of my body lift. So now i have lots of room for my 35's to stuff yet don't have to worry as much about drive angles and the need for adjustable control arms. As well as the cost side as my lift was ~$500 the body lift was ~$150 rear spacers ~$50 so I am up around 4ish inches for low price and nice handling. The rubi rails were chopped as well as my pinch seam, got the rails for $125 and then fabed up some rails for those as well as I will beef up the rubi rail's mounts a bit. So these should provide decent body protection along with the poison spyder tub armor. I will post pics of the rubi rails on when I am done. Here is it in the mean time though. Hope this helps others see an option for rocker protection with a body lift.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1893013481.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	299032
Old 04-03-2012, 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

Seems like a very good combination to reach the needed height while keeping the rig looking very clean.

Thanks for the info and the picture. You really helped!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Now with rails

Here is a picture of my rubi sliders that I just added a diy step/slider to.

pictures are with iphone so not the greatest but you get the idea.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
I am planning on getting rock rails/sliders,( either Shrockworks, PJ's, or LOD's.) I am also thinking about a 1" body lift down the road.

Shrockworks asks if you have a body lift when you order them. Is this because they mount to the frame?

Since LOD's will mount to the frame I assume they will need to know as well.

If this is the case, do I have to decide on whether or not I am doing a body lift before I buy sliders?
what about evo offroad????
Old 04-09-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

have welder, will build...

Quick Reply: Sliders and a body lift?