Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sliders and a body lift?

Old 10-20-2008, 06:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sliders and a body lift?

I am planning on getting rock rails/sliders,( either Shrockworks, PJ's, or LOD's.) I am also thinking about a 1" body lift down the road.

Shrockworks asks if you have a body lift when you order them. Is this because they mount to the frame?

Since LOD's will mount to the frame I assume they will need to know as well.

If this is the case, do I have to decide on whether or not I am doing a body lift before I buy sliders?
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

If they are asking.. it will make a difference. Most likely only on gap if they are purely frame mounted; however, if they are frame and body mounted the difference btween bl and no bl becomes critical.
Make sure you take the time to research and think about your options before you pull the trigger. Contact each company and ask questions specific to each, ultimately it will pay off and youll end up happier.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 AM
JK Freak

Why do you want to spend money for a body lift on a JK?
Why not a lift kit?

Just curious...
Old 10-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Frog Rubicon
Why do you want to spend money for a body lift on a JK?
Why not a lift kit?

Just curious...

Adding a body lift gains a little clearance for tires/articulation, but keeps your COG lower than with a comparable lift height. ~that's why i did it.

Shrockworks asks if you have a body lift when you order them. Is this because they mount to the frame?
Yes, that is exactly why. They make them raised so they stay at the same height as a Jeep without a body lift in relation to the body.

*Frame mounted sliders unless they are designed for a body lift, will show a big gap.
*Body (tub) mounted rails/sliders wont matter if you have a body lift or not.

I will get the PJ formed rockers one of these days, those are tub mounted.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 10-21-2008 at 06:22 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Frog:
I did a 2.5" budget boost, a 2" body lift, and another .75 spacer up front for $430. Not bad for 4.5" lift or 5.25" in the front.

OP:
I have the mopar enhanced rails the mount strictly to the body. I went this route because I knew there would have been a big gap any other way.

Last edited by jeepnyak; 10-21-2008 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepnyak
Frog:
I did a 2.5" budget boost, a 2" body lift, and another .75 spacer up front for $430. Not bad for 4.5" lift or 5.25" in the front.

OP:
I have the mopar enhanced rails the mount strictly to the body. I went this route because I knew there would have been a big gap any other way.
Thanks for the info

I know that many TJ's have body lift in my area, but I have never seen a JK with a body lift in Quebec.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks for the replies guys.

I have the teraflex 2.5" coil lift and I am thinking about the body lift to clear 35's. I suppose I could just add 1" spacers and do the same thing right?

Trending Topics

Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by sully151
Thanks for the replies guys.

I have the teraflex 2.5" coil lift and I am thinking about the body lift to clear 35's. I suppose I could just add 1" spacers and do the same thing right?
yes, but after 2.5" of lift you need to start addressing caster. And if you have an automatic, you will also have driveshaft issues.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

wow, my body lift isn't even on yet in that pic. just imagine the jeep 2" taller.
or better yet here.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Default Body Lift

Hi.
I currently run 37" tires on a 3.5" RE long arm kit. Still pushes the stock fenders off their mounting every time I wheel it....

Now I'm looking at running 42" tires on the same lift. I know it wont clear, but don't want to add more suspension lift. I've already gone through 3 drive shaft's and two sets of rear gears. The crazy angle the drive shafts and diffs are forced to deal with are bad enough on the 3.5" lift.

I want to add a 2" body lift and scrap the stock fenders for "other" options. I don't mind the gap issue as its just a thing you deal with in some way. But the slider issue is something I had not considered. I run stock Rubicon sliders but will replace with Poison Spider or another indestructible brand.

Has anyone dealt with a 2" body lift and sliders successfully?

Quick Reply: Sliders and a body lift?