Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sliders

Old 03-16-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
Did you run the Shrocks before the PJ?

Yeah, I started with the Rubi stockers, then went to the Shrockworks , which were easy to install, and absolutely rock solid. However, they got in the way of my RK Long Arm rear control arm mounts, so I switched to PureJeep. The install was hellaciouis, couples with parts shortages and issues, and overall bad instructions (Thanks again for the help Piginajeep- you should just do a writeup and send it in to PJ for them to use).

In fairness (although I still have one bolt to do in each side), the pain of the install is starting to fade (a little), and I'm really digging the look and functionality of the Pure Jeeps. Havent had them off road yet, and the first time I need to pivot off them will make me nervous. But the flat part merges with the door sill and creates one large stepping area. Couple with the grip tape I put on today and the dimple dies, its a good sure footstep, even in the rain. Very nice.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:43 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I appreciate the kind words, but I used the same instructions as everyone else and no issues on the first set I installed. I've installed 3 total. They do get easier after the first set.

you'll have no issues using these as pivot points on tree's. they wont go anywhere

My votes for the PJ, the sliders wide enough for a step

Quick Reply: Sliders