Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sliders

Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Mopar side steps.. They offer plenty of protection and enough ground clearance.. Very good for shorter people or people with large lifts hahaha
Old 03-16-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Jedi Master

i've seen the Mopar's get snapped in half with moderate wheeling. They are no way a rock slider.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Have had the TF on for 1 season. No rust issues yet. Siliconed between the body and gasket, and around the screws. Being aluminum, rusting should be minimal.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mr.ZAP
I have the Mopar side steps.. They offer plenty of protection and enough ground clearance.. Very good for shorter people or people with large lifts hahaha
they are just big hunks of plastic. no offense ,but if protection is what you are after that ain't gonna cut it.

Last edited by fish; 03-16-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 AM
JK Freak

The textured powdercoating offered by LOD is really thick. I think that would resist salty winters very well. The sliders are built like a tank as well. Good Stuff.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the steps in the link to quadratec provide 0 protection from rocks. I broke mine the first time I took the jeep wheeling..

I purchased the MOPAR Enhanced rock rails from my local Jeep Dealership.. so far so good. I live on Long Island and they survived their first winter with no corrosion..

I still plan on Line-X'ing them tho to increase traction when using them as a step in the wet.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
Just an FYI: I don't think those will sustain much of a hit.
they are actually not too bad. i bent mine this past weekend over at reiter. it wasn't major rocks or anything, and no it wont protect you from dropping off ledges, but for the time being, they worked ok. dont underestimate them! or...better yet....dont OVER estimate them either!
for now, mine are staying on, until i can afford to buy new ones or these break. they did the job tho, my body is fine!

mods that have moved up on the list: Body Armor.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

My vote would be Red Rock Fab sliders. They have an aluminum insert. They all will have steel that can have the powder coat flake in time, but at least the majority of this slider has an aluminum cover.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:57 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NCWTS66
Im looking for a set of rock sliders for my unlimited.. But the question is I want a set that is going to hold up to the New England weather. Ive seen a couple of nice sets but when I looked closely I noticed they were rusting behind the front tire from the salt, sand kicking up. Ive also was thinking of maybe getting the factory steps instead (part number82210562ac). Post a pic of yours and the brand. Thanks
if a step is needed, i would recommend the factory rubi rails with the tube extensions. these work extremely well, look great bolt onto factory mounts and can be used as steps. the factory steps won't do a whole lot for protection.
Old 03-16-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gt3073b
I think he was referring to the plastic mopar steps. The Shrockworks rails are built like tanks. Drilling into the frame wasn't bad either. Its just a couple holes.

Bryan.

Well, that makes much more since. I was really confuzzled.

Quick Reply: Sliders