Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sliders

Old 03-15-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sliders

Im looking for a set of rock sliders for my unlimited.. But the question is I want a set that is going to hold up to the New England weather. Ive seen a couple of nice sets but when I looked closely I noticed they were rusting behind the front tire from the salt, sand kicking up. Ive also was thinking of maybe getting the factory steps instead (part number82210562ac). Post a pic of yours and the brand. Thanks
Old 03-15-2009, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teraflex makes a aluminum set that run about $600.00. I just put a set on my 2 door this weekend. Not too hard to install but you have to drill in to the body panels. Five holes on each side plus four through the floorboards.

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=TF-4637310

Last edited by wheezer; 03-15-2009 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Super Freak

I know it's a two door, but here is a pic of the PureJeep. If you are worried about corrosion, you might consider bed lining which ever you decide to go with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sliders02.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	20781
Old 03-15-2009, 06:35 PM
JK Newbie

I love the Shrockworks but i really dont want to drill into the frame. If i do decide on the Shrockworks then i will line-x them before i install i them... I HATE CORROSION AND RUST. But im really leaning towards these for now http://www.quadratec.com/products/12560_01.htm , I have to get something until i see the ones i really love, the wifes hounding me to get something.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NCWTS66
I love the Shrockworks but i really dont want to drill into the frame. If i do decide on the Shrockworks then i will line-x them before i install i them... I HATE CORROSION AND RUST. But im really leaning towards these for now http://www.quadratec.com/products/12560_01.htm , I have to get something until i see the ones i really love, the wifes hounding me to get something.
Just an FYI: I don't think those will sustain much of a hit.
Old 03-15-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NCWTS66
Well you don't have to worry about those rusting because they're made of plastic.
The LOD's look like they have a decent step that would probably work for your wife. If you're worried about rust, you could always primer and duplicolor before you install them.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Wow you couldn't be more wrong. The shrockworks are STOUT. I've dropped off ledges onto them, and used them to pivot around boulders. Very very impressive. Also, if you get their powder coating, you will never have to worry about rust. Its thicker than most bedliners I've seen. I'd say its a much better option than the linex, for rust prevention
Originally Posted by Strong Bad
Just an FYI: I don't think those will sustain much of a hit.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Wow you couldn't be more wrong. The shrockworks are STOUT. I've dropped off ledges onto them, and used them to pivot around boulders. Very very impressive. Also, if you get their powder coating, you will never have to worry about rust. Its thicker than most bedliners I've seen. I'd say its a much better option than the linex, for rust prevention

I think he was refering to the Mopar Factory Style side steps in the link to Quadratech in post #5, not the Shrock's. My vote goes to the LOD's, very stout! Im still waiting too install them and will post some pics when I get them on.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

shrockworks....definately!!!
my rear end slid off my line,pretty sure my side would have caved in.

Shrockworks to the rescue
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Phishjeep
Did you run the Shrocks before the PJ?

Quick Reply: Sliders