Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sleeve and Gussets installed Michigan?

Old 06-02-2015, 08:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeve and Gussets installed Michigan?

Does anyone know a place in Michigan that will install sleeves and c gussets in my 2013 JK?
Old 06-03-2015, 02:54 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where in MI are you and what sleeves do you have?
Old 06-03-2015, 07:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Where in MI are you and what sleeves do you have?

Madison Heights and I have not purchased any yet but I was thinking of getting the ones made by Nitro.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Local shops would be Unlimited Offroad Custom Jeep Builder, Jeep Shop, Jeep Restoration - Michigan (or as we call it, limited offroad) and a newer shop by the name of America's Most Wanted 4x4 </title> <meta name="robots" content="index,follow" /> <meta name="GOOGLEBOT" content="INDEX, FOLLOW" /> <link rel="canonical" href="http://www.amw4x4.com" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.4.2/jquery.min.

Depending how soon you want it done, I weld gussets for local people. I'm just pretty jammed up until July. I've done many sets of the Nitro sleeves and I swore the last time I would never do it again... Not saying I won't, but not something I look forward to. I'm not sure either of those shops will mess with the hammer in sleeves (and if they do it, my guess is they will hone out the axle tubes, thereby defeating the purpose of the interference fit). A truss may be the way to go. However, last I heard, Unlimited wanted around $700 for the truss and labor.

If you want, check with those guys on price and then shoot me a PM. Pretty sure my price for gusset installation is something like half what they charge. As for sleeves, I would have a base cost based on no issues and a variable cost based on additional labor and broken tools (good times, haha). Welding a truss is no problem, but probably something I would push off to a friend who has a nice jig built to keep the axle from warping. I want to say he charges around $250 for labor?

Quick Reply: Sleeve and Gussets installed Michigan?