Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Slave cylinder install

Old 08-28-2024, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Slave cylinder install

Getting ready to replace my slave cylinder. Question I have is my Jeep is on an incline on my driveway and stick is in reverse. Can I remove and replace it as it sits or do I need to get it out of reverse and change it on a flat surface? First time replacing and have watched videos so seams to be a straight up replacement.
Old 08-29-2024, 11:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bleed the air out before you install it. The angle the cylinder is when installed makes it difficult to get all the air out. You'll still have to bleed it some, but it will be much easier.
The following users liked this post:
Jay2013jk (08-29-2024)
Old 09-01-2024, 04:04 AM
JK Enthusiast
FJOTM Winner

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Well I screwed up what appeared to be an easy task. Blew the piston out of the Chinese made assembly. I watched video where it showed cycling the piston, tried duplicating process and kept the master cylinder full (may have been my mistake), installed assembly assuming that it was properly seated, pushed on the pedal and felt like it had good resistance but then it popped (most likely ring breaking…too much pressure because I probably had too much fluid in the master cylinder) & pedal went straight to floor…yep I screwed up. Anyways waiting to have another unit shipped and will try this process again. Hoping that there is no issue with Jeep being on incline and reverse during installation.

Made in China

Cylinder retainer split in half

No wheeling this weekend

Quick Reply: Slave cylinder install