Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker vs. Full Traction

Old 02-10-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker vs. Full Traction

I know this question gets beat to death around here, but this is my first lift install and I'd like to get some outside opinion. i was just about settled on the Full Traction SRS 3" Premium Plus lift on my 09 Unlimited. I liked the price as well as the reviews, and it seemed like a complete kit for what I want to do, but my brother-in-law's brother (confusing right) owns a shop and swears by 2.5" Skyjacker coil lift. He said the ride in this is as good as stock, and its around half the price point. I want to be able to clear 35x12.5's and this is my daily driver, that will be a toy when it's paid off. I don't do any harcore rock crawling but do wheel it some. I haven't heard many good things about the Skyjacker system and I would probably put on control arms, trac bars, etc. right away. I just wanted to get an opinion from anyone with a little more experience. Also if anyone has pics of either lift would love to see how it looks, how much clearance you got. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Full Traction hands down. Everyone I know who put a Skyjacker lift on ended up replacing it. If it is a choice between those, FT is the one. Do it once, do it right.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Wow, that was really fast. You just confirmed what I already knew. Thanks
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

full traction!!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Take it from expierence, stay away from skyjacker! I have some friends that run full traction and are really happy with them. I, myself, am a huge fan of terraflex. Before u make your purchase look at them. If u do sone snooping I don't believe you will find anyone with anything negative to say about terraflex.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:50 AM
JK Freak

Here is pics of the 3.0 SRS Full Traction on my Jeep, it is a great lift.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:52 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

first off, the full-traction kit is really nice kit and you'll be very happy with it. and, as mentioned, you really want to stay away from skyjacker. everyone i know who's had their kit now has something else.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

From the research and what I have read. Full traction is the way to go. They are both nice kits but seems more people are running the FT lifts and are having no problems. I do have a friend with the Skyjacker lift and he has been having problems with his Tom woods shafts and trac bar brackets breaking. This is a reoccurring thing for him and he swears it's something with the lift. Just my .02.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Skyjacker... Jacked me and my money! Wasted. The red paint flakes off in about a month. The brackets they gave me all snapped at the welds. The jeep just rode like crap.... To be expected right... I mean the 6 inch rock ready longarm kit on my TJ was only about $3000. Dollars! Also the hyme joints all froze and rusted to the point that they needed to be rebuilt... Oh wait they were not rebuildable... I guess that's normal... I mean the kit was ONLY $3k.
Run away!
Old 02-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-II-Suspension

Quick Reply: Skyjacker vs. Full Traction