Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SKYJACKER value flex lift ?

Old 02-01-2012, 03:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfbullseye
Been running a SkyJacker lift for 4 years . Wheeled in mud,sand,rock at R C. Not one problem!Dont know why people look at SkyJacker as garbage.
Skyjacker has a bad reputation among the 4X4 community around here as well. It seems the quality of their product has slipped since I had my YJ 15-20 years ago. Back then, they seemed in line with the other brands like Superlift and Rancho. Teraflex and RE were the new guys at that time. When I first bought my JK, I got a Skyjacker budget boost kit really cheap and I only wanted to do the minimum to get 35's under it. Within 6 months, the shocks were shot. I've since replaced everything with Full Traction and Bilstein. FT makes a great product for the money and rides as well as anything I've seen.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got a Skyjacker budget boost kit really cheap and I only wanted to do the minimum to get 35's under it

So U went with the cheepest thing U could get . U compare it to the rest . If it does not work out , then its shit? U get what u pay for .
Old 02-14-2012, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yah im beginning to get that feel for skyjacker from about any sight that ive been on. I also
have seen people not care for rough country as well. Anyway Id go ahead and put this lift on, but Im unsure about the install. I dont have instructions and from what ive heard skyjacker will sometimes change the part numbers, but its the same part. which makes it tricky. So
basically if I can get anything for this lift i dont mind dropping some extra money for another
lift with instructions. its going to cost me around 800 to install this one they way it is. If i had the installation stuff id do it myself.

Heres the lift i did on my f150, i know its not a jeep, but just thought id share.
Procomp stage II. Its going to get some 37" trail grapps when those little ones wear out. crank the coils and Add a Leaf for the rear
Old 02-14-2012, 06:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
Yah im beginning to get that feel for skyjacker from about any sight that ive been on. I also
have seen people not care for rough country as well. Anyway Id go ahead and put this lift on, but Im unsure about the install. I dont have instructions and from what ive heard skyjacker will sometimes change the part numbers, but its the same part. which makes it tricky. So
basically if I can get anything for this lift i dont mind dropping some extra money for another
lift with instructions. its going to cost me around 800 to install this one they way it is. If i had the installation stuff id do it myself.

Heres the lift i did on my f150, i know its not a jeep, but just thought id share.
Procomp stage II. Its going to get some 37" trail grapps when those little ones wear out. crank the coils and Add a Leaf for the rear
$800 for install, damn! I could never afford to have someone else work on my vehicles at that rate. If you have a weekend or day off, you can install that lift for free or with some help by a 6 pack.

Have you tried emailing Skyjacker for instructions? Lifts are basically the same. Coils, Control Arms, Trac bars. The brackets can sometime take some thinking. But with an extra brain, you should be able to lift it well.

Them tires sure do look tiny on that truck, lol. It'll look great with some beef under it.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yah they look crappy, but they have a lot of tread on them and cant hardly get anything out of them or id already have done it.

I know i can install the lift myself. Im just worried about possibly not having all the parts and i have downloaded installation instruciton from the website, but there are several parts that i
have that are different and several that are the same. If i can do an IFS on my truck i know i can do a solid axle lift. there is a lot less involved with them then IFS. I just dont want to get this thing tore apart and not have the correct pieces. Somebody buy this from me for 500
bucks and i will get a new one.

Quick Reply: SKYJACKER value flex lift ?