Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

SKYJACKER value flex lift ?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SKYJACKER value flex lift ?

So i bought some wheels/tires from a guy and he gave me a 4" skyjacker suspension lift for my JK that he had on his.2010. Anyway i dont have any installation instructions so i downloaded some off their website, but the part #'s dont match. They are the correct part, but the number is a couple off from the instructions. Anyone have any experience with this lift? Id like to install it myself and im able to, but i want to make sure ive got the right stuff first.....this was the closest kit i found with the most number matching. Ive read that sometimes manufacturers will change part #'s, but im unsure why. heres the closest one i could find as far as the part matching up.
skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=19801

Last edited by wayoflife; 01-31-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: please do not post direct links to non sponsors
Old 01-20-2012, 10:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

No experience with this lift? Should i try and sell it and get something else.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:18 PM
JK Freak

I've never seen a kit that includes both adjustable control arms and cam bolts. Skyjacker is known for having really stiff coil springs and weak bushings. If the guy gave you the kit, there is probably a reason why. I would look into either a Rock Krawler or Teraflex kit.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm. this could be true. none the less ive got a lift. i wonder how hard it would be to sell?
Thanks for the info. anything helps a dumby like me!
Old 01-24-2012, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

What do you want for it ????
Old 01-31-2012, 03:49 AM
JK Newbie

The Component Box the Cam Bolts (CAM700) came in originally is used in another kit for the 4 Door that does not include arms as well as the kit you have. So nothign to worry about.

Should include a track bar relocations and Bracket Braces you won't find in any other kit, nice peace of mind.

The Coils are actually better know for thier close to OE rate. I have run them in a few Jeeps over the years and love the ride.

The Rod Ends are rebuildable and greasable. A very nice change from close to 5 years ago. You can get replacement kits for $10-$15 from Skyjacker.

The bushings are the same urathane you get with most any other just a differant color. If they are bad, again a cheap replacement and readily available.

Install and enjoy....any more questions call thier Tech Line, thay have always been helpful and friendly.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:02 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeeptang
So i bought some wheels/tires from a guy and he gave me a 4" skyjacker suspension lift for my JK that he had on his.2010. Anyway i dont have any installation instructions so i downloaded some off their website, but the part #'s dont match. They are the correct part, but the number is a couple off from the instructions. Anyone have any experience with this lift? Id like to install it myself and im able to, but i want to make sure ive got the right stuff first.....this was the closest kit i found with the most number matching. Ive read that sometimes manufacturers will change part #'s, but im unsure why. heres the closest one i could find as far as the part matching up.
skyjacker.com/product.php?ProdID=19801
if you haven't installed it already, you really should ask yourself why would someone just "give" it away. over the last 5 years, i've known a number of people who ran skyjacker kits and, NONE of them are running it today.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

I haven't looked at your link yet because I'm on my phone, but I have and do run the 4" skyjacker kit for years and have never had a problem with it, now it may not be the smoothest ride out there but it gets the job done.
Old 01-31-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Well, my grandfather had a 2011 F150 Platinum with a 6" lift and 35"s. He loved that truck. Rode great.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Been running a SkyJacker lift for 4 years . Wheeled in mud,sand,rock at R C. Not one problem!Dont know why people look at SkyJacker as garbage.

Quick Reply: SKYJACKER value flex lift ?