Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker Swaybar problem.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker Swaybar problem.

I have an 08 Rubicon unlimited with a 2 1/2 inch lift, and I am breaking the bolt in the upper swaybar link on the right (pass) side. Is anyone having this problem and what needs to be done to fix the problem? I've replaced it with Grade 8 bolts and still have a problem. I do not extreme 4 wheel, fairly easy trails for a Rubicon.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Not have the swaybar connected when you wheel?
Old 02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by grayghost
I have an 08 Rubicon unlimited with a 2 1/2 inch lift, and I am breaking the bolt in the upper swaybar link on the right (pass) side. Is anyone having this problem and what needs to be done to fix the problem? I've replaced it with Grade 8 bolts and still have a problem. I do not extreme 4 wheel, fairly easy trails for a Rubicon.
Are you tightening them to specs. I overtightened mine and snapped it.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wizeguy
Are you tightening them to specs. I overtightened mine and snapped it.
I've read this as well. I believe they only need 35 ft/lbs.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:17 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the same lift but have added the rear track bar brace to the lower track bar mount. Only ran the lift for a week without it and when I installed the brace my lower mount had already moved. Possible your lower extension has moved and is binding the upper mount? I'm going to start watching for this breakage on mine anyway. Your post has started me wondering if there is a design flaw with the lift. Hope not, I'm planning a trip to the Outer Banks to do some beach running!

Quick Reply: Skyjacker Swaybar problem.