Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker question...

Old 03-31-2011, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What would be a good front drive shaft replacement?
Old 03-31-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ag_golf2011
What would be a good front drive shaft replacement?
There's tons... Tom Woods, JE Reel and Coast are the most popular on here.
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I broke a ton of parts on my very expensive skyjacker long arm kit on my street queen of a TJ... If it broke from street use I'd hate to see it on the trail. Control arms are garbage.... Bushings and heim joints are junk after a year.... My brackets broke at the welds..... Don't walk, RUN!

Skyjacker needs major work... Id go with rough country if your trying to save some money. Learn from our misfortunes.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was offered a second hand skyjacker lift...good price...
i asked on here and was told , as you have been , to stay clear...
i'm saving for terraflex...buy the best...once...
Old 04-01-2011, 02:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Onthe flip side I have had a Skyjacker lift on my jeep since new in 08 . I have never Had a problem yet (Knock on wood) . Done plenty of 4 wheeling , never broke anything . Not saying there the best . Just saying 3 years in and Im still happy .
Old 04-13-2011, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

i am also running a skyjacker that came on my 08 jk, no problems so far but it is the coil spring kit... personally i am lookin to swap the coils out in the future with some teraflex, and get control arms. the ride on the skyjacker is also a little rougher than some other kits. but this is just one opinion and from what i have heard the performance on skyjacker is hit or miss
Old 04-14-2011, 06:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RAW08JK
i am also running a skyjacker that came on my 08 jk, no problems so far but it is the coil spring kit... personally i am lookin to swap the coils out in the future with some teraflex, and get control arms. the ride on the skyjacker is also a little rougher than some other kits. but this is just one opinion and from what i have heard the performance on skyjacker is hit or miss
Wow, I have been on this Forum for 4 years and that is the first even partially good thing I have heard about Skyjacker.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker question...