Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker Brake Line Brackets

Old 03-15-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker Brake Line Brackets

OK... I feel like a dummy for having to ask this... in the end, it will be a simple fix.. but I first want to know if skyjacker/quadratec messed this up.

I'm installing the brake line brackets right now. I was going to use the existing bolt to tie the bracket to the frame (where the original mount was). However, the new supplied bolt is too big to fit inside the hole where you attach the bracket to the line.

I have bolts that fit a 1/2" drive. Is that what everyone received? I only have a 2" Skyjacker BB but when I flex.. the brake line is a little tighter than I'd like. But I assume its the same bracket for the 4" kit. The instructions for that kit say install using a 5/16" bolt.

So, did I receive the wrong bolts? In which case I can just run to autozone and buy new ones, or did they expect me to drill this out to fit the bigger bolt?... which I actually cant do right now since I need to buy a new drill (and i dont really want to drill it out).

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Junkie

I think they sent you the wrong bolts. Mine went right on.
Old 03-15-2008, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BaltChief
I think they sent you the wrong bolts. Mine went right on.
thanks! .
Old 03-15-2008, 10:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

i had the same prob you do and i just put different nuts and bolts and made it work

Quick Reply: Skyjacker Brake Line Brackets