Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 8000 Nitro Shocks

Old 04-09-2009, 08:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would stay away from skyjacker all together, i have the nitros for a year and their rusting and too friggin harsh. the hydros are supposed to be softer but i dont think they are made from good materials and are not quality products, and since i own their 3.5" spring lift and wish i had gone with another lift...
so take it for whatever its worth if your lookin to pay $35. for a shock then dont expect much..i dont think $100 for a shock is a lot of money since they play an integral part......
Old 04-09-2009, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

you are right roguejk...I guess with shocks like anything else, "you get what you pay for" ...any feedback on the Bilstein 5100 or the cheaper shocks like Deotch Tech, ProComp or Superlift..I have tried OME and Ranchos..for a soft comfy ride on-road and off-road firmness, they are the thing...hope they go on sale soon
Old 04-09-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

im running a 4in skyjacker lift with the nitros on my rubi. at first its easy to tell that the nitros are a bit stiff but you get use to it quickly. they are particularly stiff with small bumps but when you hit large bumps they work great. my rti score also was improved with the skyjacker components. one thing i did notice was that most sites state that the hydros are adjustable. all in all im happy with the nitros but if i got a second chance i would stay with the skyjacker components but opt for the hydros or for ranchos 9000s.. anyone hear anything about the rs9000 with the remote reservoir? i think they look really cool but would they really offer any advantages for a light truck like the jk?
Old 04-10-2009, 04:20 AM
JK Freak

i'll be getting the rancho adjustables when i save the money for em cause they are adjustable so i'll make em soft for on road and stiffen em up for off roading they are like $102 ea. they are having some sort of sale you buy 2 and get some sort of rebate in the mail for the other 2....not sure when it ends though maybe some one else can elaborate......and i'm not trying to "DIS" skyjacker, it's just my 2cents is all, i live on the east coast so the winter months tend to be harsh on components. Just remember , what works for some might not work for the other! so i'ts just a live n learn scenario with these JK's. 2 guys will install the same lift and one will get the dreaded death wobble..go figure....good luck with your future endeavors on buying parts n stuff but at least we have this forum to help out...

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 8000 Nitro Shocks