Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 4" lift on 2014 rubicon

Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AT 4" of lift I would have to assume they already performed an alignment. If not, it is needed.

The steering wheel can be centered with or without having an alignment done. It really has nothing to do with the alignment. All you have to do is loosen up the sleeve on the drag link and adjust it accordingly.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Assuming at 4" of lift he has adjustable control arms and track bars, then yes, an alignment is needed. If he does not have either one of those, what is there for the shop to align?

While re-centering the steering wheel has nothing to do with the alignment, it can become off centered during the alignment and any quality alignment shop should fix this.

Just wanted to make sure my first comment was clear.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by meep97
Assuming at 4" of lift he has adjustable control arms and track bars, then yes, an alignment is needed. If he does not have either one of those, what is there for the shop to align?

While re-centering the steering wheel has nothing to do with the alignment, it can become off centered during the alignment and any quality alignment shop should fix this.

Just wanted to make sure my first comment was clear.

I am not up on Skyjacker lifts, but at 4" I would have to assume it comes with some way to change the caster (a few control arms, cam bolts or even drop brackets for the stocker arms). Regardless, something should have been done to allow a change in alignment or the Jeep will most likely drive horrible at 4" of lift.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ironchef
Yea the wheel isnt centered, im on my way to the shop now, so an alignment will fix the wheel?
That's your issue then. Definitely have them fix that and that's a pretty obvious part of the install or should be at least.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ironchef
Yea the wheel isnt centered, im on my way to the shop now, so an alignment will fix the wheel?

No, not necessarily. All you have to do is loosen the sleeve on the drag link and adjust it until wheel is PERFECTLY centered. A shop is not really needed for this.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, im happy to say the shop helped me out and fixed all the problems with an alignment. Thanks for all your help jeepers.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 4" lift on 2014 rubicon