Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 4" JKU lift

Old 08-04-2013, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker 4" JKU lift

Ok I know it says "Economy" package but can anybody tell me why this skyjacker lift is only $615? Is it missing something important?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/16117_1902_07.htm
Old 08-04-2013, 07:44 PM
Ncb
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's missing a lot for a 4" to 5" lift. My 2.5" lift was more complete.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Upper and lower control arms for the front and rear, brake lines, trac bars front and rear,so on and so on. 4 inches will require all that and driveshafts. You are looking at a lot of money.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

It uses Cam Bolts for caster/pinion correction. You will notch out the lower control arm brackets to install them. Offroad, they have been known to slip, causing the caster to be off again. If you choose to remove them and add adjustable control arms, you will want to get the holes you made to install these welded back up.

It has trackbar bracket/braces to re-center the axles after the lift. I am not familiar with this brand or if there are any issues with them. (these offer no adjustablility, so if the axles are still offcenter, then they stay offcenter.)

It does not have any steering correction. They recommend adding a drop drag link for $96, to be used in conjunction with the front trackbar bracket. This is generally not considered to be the best way to go about it. Instead, look into hi-steer / drag link flips instead. These will raise from the axle side instead of drop from the frame side and are stronger.

Has extended rear links, then move the stock rears up front. Make sure the swaybars are up near parallel with the frame, not angled down!

Has brake line extension brackets. Again, be sure to flex and double check this so you don't rip brake lines off the frame!!

Make a habit of crawling underneath and checking the front driveshaft. When it starts spitting grease, or you see gouges from the corner of the tranny, you have a decision to make.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a 3.5" Sky**cker lift for about $600 and regret every penny of it. I'm in the process, right now, of taking it off and putting on the EVO DoubleD long-arm bolt-on kit. I just cut off my rear control arm braces from the frame. There's no going back now. I'm taking pictures and will do a write up to help others out. This is far more involved than I originally thought.

With Sky**cker you get what you pay for. Don't throw away your money like I did.
Old 08-05-2013, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it just depends on what your going to do. If its just a street jeep then no problems. If its light off road and not very often your still good. I did the rough country one on my wife's dd and its been fine. I did a drop pitman arm though. It's been over a year and no issues.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 4" JKU lift