Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 3.5 lift on a 2 door, what else will I need?

Old 12-09-2008, 07:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker 3.5 lift on a 2 door, what else will I need?

I'm still torn on which lift to get to clear 35s, and am now considering the Skyjacker 3.5 kit. I have a 2 door X, 6 speed, with the stock gears.

Here is what comes in the kit:

Attachment 16365

Front and Rear Coil Springs
Front and Rear Lower Control Arms
Front and Rear Bump Stops
Rear Track Bar Bracket
Rear Track Bar Brace
Front Track Bar Bracket
Pair of Brake Line Brackets
Front and Rear Nitro Shocks
Installation Hardware

Also want to get the Skyjacker quick disconnects and steering stabilizer.
Additionally, I am thinking of getting JKS adjustable track bars front and rear, I think this is a better set up, the JKS track bars seem more heavy duty.

I also am looking to get 17" Pro Comp 7089s and 35" BFG M/T.

Am I overlooking anything here? I have been looking around and it seems any lift over 3" would need major driveline changes? I'm guessing gears and longer driveshafts because of the angle, but would that need to be done right away?

Also, if anyone is running this lift on a 2 door, opinions about it, how it rides, etc. and pics would be great.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:46 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

before you pull the trigger on this kit, i would recommend that you do a search for what others who have this kit think. i can tell you that i personally know of multiple people with this kit who are very unhappy with it as it has been responsible for breaking track bar mounts and has bushings that fail very quickly.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wayoflife
before you pull the trigger on this kit, i would recommend that you do a search for what others who have this kit think. i can tell you that i personally know of multiple people with this kit who are very unhappy with it as it has been responsible for breaking track bar mounts and has bushings that fail very quickly.
What he said ^.

Run adjustable front and rear track bars. JKS has a great deal on them at northridge4x4.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have this lift. so far no issues. you will want some sway bar disco's and if you have the cash, get the jks adjustable bars. you will want the steering stabilizer for sure. the lift was super easy to install. it took about 5 hours start to finish. on my 2 door, the lift was more like 4 to 4.5 inches. looks really good. i have 33's on mine. they look good, but i think 35's would look better. so far, i haven't had any drive line issues.

driveway shot.

playing around in local park. the rock that it is on is about 2.5 feet high. the jeep climbed up it with no rubbing at all.

i'm 6'1" and the jeep sits about 2" higher than i am tall.

anymore questions, let me know.

-matt

Last edited by matt parker; 12-12-2008 at 01:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 3.5 lift on a 2 door, what else will I need?