Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker

Old 02-02-2014, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Skyjacker

A small lift with just coils and shocks will prob be fine. Add crappy control arms/ TB's and/or drop relocation brackets and crappy joints all around.
Well....... I disagree.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:01 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by White Ghost
thanks jersey that's what I was thinking as well. What shocks would you recommend
Originally Posted by tribulation138
I have the skyjacker hydro shocks all around and are happy with them. I wanted a soft feel because i thought the stocks were stiff.
I ran the hydro 7000's on my ram and they were great under the weight of a full sized truck, vet smooth ride. I run Rough Country 2.2 shocks on my Rubi and have no problems with them but I would like to get the skyjacker m-95's their some bad ass shocks!

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 02-02-2014, 05:09 PM
JK Jedi

O and I can bet that all the ppl u see complaining about their products probly NEVER owned one themselves and probly heard one guy complaining about something broken because of driver error. So now ppl who have no experience with their products don't like them cuz someone decided to drink a 6 pack and hit the trails. Nothing is indestructible. RK, Rubicon express, teraflex, skyjacker, superlift. None are indestructible.

Old 02-02-2014, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Skyjacker lift and it's OK. The shocks are valved a bit stiffer than I'd like so I'm changing them out.

I made the mistake of going with the cam bolts instead of adjustable control arms and they've failed twice. Now I'm having to spend extra money to fix what the cam bolts damaged when they failed. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on control arms no matter what lift you go with.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious
I have a Skyjacker lift and it's OK. The shocks are valved a bit stiffer than I'd like so I'm changing them out.

I made the mistake of going with the cam bolts instead of adjustable control arms and they've failed twice. Now I'm having to spend extra money to fix what the cam bolts damaged when they failed. Do yourself a favor and spend the extra money on control arms no matter what lift you go with.
Well according to Jersey _Devil it's driver error or you were drinking .... BAHAHAHA
Old 02-02-2014, 05:34 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Captain Obvious

Yeah control arms are better any day, I didn't install cam bolts on mine,far as I'm concerned their just a way for companies to weasle money outta us like they did to u, now u had to spend more money in the end....it's all about money... I just went stock till I switched to skyjacker adj cntrl arms and I LOVE them!
Originally Posted by robsjeep9
Well according to Jersey _Devil it's driver error or you were drinking .... BAHAHAHA
Read what he wrote, "he made the mistake of going with cam bolts instead of control arms" their bolts! Bolts break all the time and I can bet that NO lift company makes their own bolts....he said it himself.... "ANY lift u get, don't buy cam bolts,get cntrl arms. "

Know why? Cause bolts break. Lol

Last edited by Jersey_Devil; 02-02-2014 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alright Levi, here it goes. I'm sure most if the people in the club run it because the company is in louisiana and all the shops around here have them. I searched around for a while and have seen VERY little people on the 5 forums I'm on running or recommending skyjacker. I think most the older bronco people and stuff like that run them or at least that's what I think when I hear skyjacker. Now I haven't ridden in a jeep with one so they could be good.

Good thing is your part of the club up here and I'm sure you can get a ride in a couple jeeps with different lifts. I'll take you for a ride in mine if you like or let you drive it. I'm running rock krawler.

The teraflex and bilstein combo I had ride good also. Now it's the X factor kit with fox shocks.

Also I have seen jeep dealerships sale and install AEV. I hear AEV has a nice on road ride.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Alright Levi, here it goes. I'm sure most if the people in the club run it because the company is in louisiana and all the shops around here have them. I searched around for a while and have seen VERY little people on the 5 forums I'm on running or recommending skyjacker. I think most the older bronco people and stuff like that run them or at least that's what I think when I hear skyjacker. Now I haven't ridden in a jeep with one so they could be good. Good thing is your part of the club up here and I'm sure you can get a ride in a couple jeeps with different lifts. I'll take you for a ride in mine if you like or let you drive it. I'm running rock krawler. The teraflex and bilstein combo I had ride good also. Now it's the X factor kit with fox shocks. Also I have seen jeep dealerships sale and install AEV. I hear AEV has a nice on road ride.
thanks I didnt think of riding in different rigs but will definitely do it. I mean I have time to think about it because it may be the end of summer before I have the extra cash for it. One good thing about skyjacker is like you said it's right down the road from us.
Old 02-02-2014, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
Yeah control arms are better any day, I didn't install cam bolts on mine,far as I'm concerned their just a way for companies to weasle money outta us like they did to u, now u had to spend more money in the end....it's all about money... I just went stock till I switched to skyjacker adj cntrl arms and I LOVE them!

Read what he wrote, "he made the mistake of going with cam bolts instead of control arms" their bolts! Bolts break all the time and I can bet that NO lift company makes their own bolts....he said it himself.... "ANY lift u get, don't buy cam bolts,get cntrl arms. "

Know why? Cause bolts break. Lol

Good quality bolts shouldn't break "all the time", they actually shouldn't break at all if they are the correct spec for what they're being used for.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:18 PM
JK Newbie

I have had my basic 2.5/3.5 Skyjacker kit for about a year now and have about 30 000kms on it. Works great and have had no problems. Only changes I made were adding the AEV drop brackets in the front and swapped the rear shocks out for the Fox 2.0 Remote Resi's

Quick Reply: Skyjacker