Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker

Old 02-02-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker

Anyone running skyjacker lifts? Whats y'all's thoughts? They are located about 1.5hrs away and our local dealer gives us discounts for them.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

LOVE LOVE LOVE them, I will NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER BRAND EVER! Hers a shot of my old Ram and my current Rubi, I also installed a Skyjacker 2.5 lift in anther members jeep here (Tyreelp) and he loves his lift too! I will ALWAYS recommend Skyjacker lifts! Quality parts that take a beating, and customer service team is awesome! Always trying to help even if u don't have their lift!

Did I mention that I LOVE Skyjacker? Lol

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391385972422.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	528394   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391385987554.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	528395   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391386005380.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	528396   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391386029035.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	528397   Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1391386047829.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	528398  

Old 02-02-2014, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Thanks I'm looking at when I do lift again I want to do it right this time. Plus I love the kit with all red parts. What extra stuff do I need with this kit?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1678289613.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	528399  
Old 02-02-2014, 03:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't go against what Jersey-Devil says but I know 4 yrs ago I went with Teraflex after tons of research and hearing just as many poor reviews on skyjacker then good. Maybe they last better on trucks that don't Offroad like our jeeps but one local guy in our jeep club hated his a year after installing it(Skyjacker) squeaks and sagging etc maybe they're built better now. But i'd wait for more reviews then our 2...... Especially if you want to do it right..... Love my Teraflex and Metal Cloak getting tons of good reviews too these days. AND BRO DON'T BUY SOMETHING CAUSE YOU LIKE THE COLOR!!!! C'mon man lol you can always paint it yourself .... Good luck

Last edited by robsjeep9; 02-02-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I can't go against what Jersey-Devil says but I know 4 yrs ago I went with Teraflex after tons of research and hearing just as many poor reviews on skyjacker then good. Maybe they last better on trucks that don't Offroad like our jeeps but one local guy in our jeep club hated his a year after installing it(Skyjacker) squeaks and sagging etc maybe they're built better now. But is wait for more reviews then our 2...... Especially if you want to do it right..... Love my Teraflex and Metal Cloak getting tons of good reviews too these days. AND BRO BUY SOMETHING CAUSE YOU LIKE THE COLOR!!!! C'mon man lol you can always paint it yourself .... Good luck
I know I can paint it myself but I haven't heard anything bad yet almost everyone in my jeep club uses them and love them. But I do want to hear more.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would agree. Shop around. Rock Krawler, MC, synergy, teraflex and aev. Best kits imo and all owners have little to no issues with them.
Old 02-02-2014, 03:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
I can't go against what Jersey-Devil says but I know 4 yrs ago I went with Teraflex after tons of research and hearing just as many poor reviews on skyjacker then good. Maybe they last better on trucks that don't Offroad like our jeeps but one local guy in our jeep club hated his a year after installing it(Skyjacker) squeaks and sagging etc maybe they're built better now. But i'd wait for more reviews then our 2...... Especially if you want to do it right..... Love my Teraflex and Metal Cloak getting tons of good reviews too these days. AND BRO DON'T BUY SOMETHING CAUSE YOU LIKE THE COLOR!!!! C'mon man lol you can always paint it yourself .... Good luck
I wheeled the balls off that dodge ram, no squeeks, creaks, broken parts, never had ANY problems with their products and I currently beat the balls off my current skyjacker lift. The pics are red by u might get black parts. That's how my ram came, I just painted it red like mentioned above.
I never knew why ppl complain about their products cuz I've had their lifts on two completely different vehicles and had/have NO PROBLEMS.

Op-the lift u posted above is the exact same lift I installed in Tyreelp's rig, just his kit didn't come with cntrl arms. U get that lift u don't NEED anything else. Brake line extentions wouldn't hurt tho

Sent from my obama monitoring device
Old 02-02-2014, 03:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil
I wheeled the balls off that dodge ram, no squeeks, creaks, broken parts, never had ANY problems with their products and I currently beat the balls off my current skyjacker lift. The pics are red by u might get black parts. That's how my ram came, I just painted it red like mentioned above. I never knew why ppl complain about their products cuz I've had their lifts on two completely different vehicles and had/have NO PROBLEMS. Op-the lift u posted above is the exact same lift I installed in Tyreelp's rig, just his kit didn't come with cntrl arms. U get that lift u don't NEED anything else. Brake line extentions wouldn't hurt tho Sent from my obama monitoring device
thanks jersey that's what I was thinking as well. What shocks would you recommend
Old 02-02-2014, 04:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the skyjacker hydro shocks all around and are happy with them. I wanted a soft feel because i thought the stocks were stiff.
Old 02-02-2014, 04:36 PM
JK Freak

Yea I want a smooth ride since it's mostly dd

Quick Reply: Skyjacker