Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 2.5" Lift Anyone?

Old 12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker 2.5" Lift Anyone?

For anyone that has this lift can you please provide some feedback on it? I'm referring to the 2.5" coil lift for the Unlimited. Thinking hard about trying this lift out and would like to here from those who have experience with it first.

Pics and specs of your Jeep would be awesome if available.

Thanks!
Volley
Old 12-23-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the 2.5" Skyjacket lift with the Nitro shocks/springs. Sitting on 35" Pro Comp Mud Terrians, and Pro Comp 8089 Wheels.

Rides great, better than stock in my opinion although it is more stiff, you can feel the road. Feels more stable, less tendency to slip out from under you, etc.

Highly reccommend it.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hey thanks! Looks great. Did you install it yourself? Either way was the rear track bar bracket used? I can't tell if the bracket is frame mounted or not (which I know everyone here recommends). Thanks for the feedeback!
Old 12-23-2007, 03:55 PM
JK Newbie

I had it installed professionally, I wouldn't trust myself to it, lol. I don't believe the rear track bar bracket is used...
Old 12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

I am running this lift set up. It is great in my opinion. I do not like the BB lifts and think that this is a perfect spring lift for 34 or 35 tires. Also, you definately need to use the track bar drop bracket.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

How much is the Skyjacker kit and how does it compare to the Teraflex 2.5 inch kit or the Full Traction 2 in Budget Boost kit??
Old 12-24-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you get the Skyjacker, make sure you get the track bar support bracket that supports the relocation bracket. If you use the relocation bracket without the support bracket, you will have problems and you can never predict when it will happen.
Old 12-24-2007, 09:45 AM
JK Freak

NEW TO THE SITE...
I had the 2" skyjacker spacer lift put on my 4-door. Cost me about $400 installed with Hydro Shocks.
After about 6,000 miles, I changed a few things with it. I replaced the front spring spacers and installed (2) new 2.5" skyjacker front springs to help level it out and give a little more travel.
I also installed a BDS brand rear track bar bracket for 2"-3" lifted JKs.
The BDS bracket, in my opinion, fastens at a better and more secure point to the frame. It also corrects some allignment issues I was dealing with.
Most budget boost lifts are pretty good, but make sure that you continue doing your research, because the budget lifts often don't account for subtle but important features....like the rear track bar bracket.

It may seems intimidating, but installing this lift is easy. I had the initial 2" done at a shop, but I did the coil changes and the bracket myself. After taking apart the front end for the front coil change, I wish I had done it all myself initially to save some money.

I'm sure that there are better and more complex lift kits out there, but I would recommend the skyjacker.

Hope that helps
Old 12-25-2007, 10:57 AM
JK Newbie

Can someone tell/show me exactly what this track bar supoort bracket is so I can see if I have it installed with my Skyjacker ? & Why is is so important ?
Old 12-25-2007, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by VETTE277
Can someone tell/show me exactly what this track bar supoort bracket is so I can see if I have it installed with my Skyjacker ? & Why is is so important ?
Look at the rear axle. If there is a big steel bracket (brace) that goes from the pumpkin to the track bar bracket, then you have it, if you don't see it then you don't and you will have problems. The skyjacker trackbar bracket puts too much stress on the stock bracket and it has a tendency to fail.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 2.5" Lift Anyone?