Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skyjacker 2.5" Lift

Old 10-08-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skyjacker 2.5" Lift

I want to run 305/70R17s (34s) on an '08 JK Unlimited (soon to arrive). I've read in several posts that all you need is a 2.5" BB to run 34s or 35s. However, I will likely not be going any higher and will likely not be performing any additional suspension mods in the near future. I was looking at the Skyjacker 2.5" lift with nitro shocks as a permanent alternative to the BB, as I feel better with new shocks and coils than spacers and extensions. Anyone have any comments about this lift? Is there another lift I should look into that is similar or better? This will be my DD also.

Thanks,

Alex
Old 10-08-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Freak

I have the kit on my 07 and its a good kit, springs are a bit to soft for my taste. Once i added front and rear bumpers it sat much lower. I am currently running 35's and have no problems. I wouldn't really call the kit complete. When i flex my rear brake lines are tight, skyjacker sells relocation brackets. I also had issues with my front track bar. I bought their relocation braket as a temporary fix. If i had to do it over again i would have saved my money and bought a more complete kit like the full traction ultimate which i just bought.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have been looking at various BBs quite a bit.
I have decided to go with the Black Diamond 2 in lift as it seems to best suit my needs (I only want it to look a little beffier and am going to run 33's)
JP Magazine did a nice review a couple mths back on the various lifts and after reading it I do not think you will be upset with the Teraflex at all!
If I was going bigger than 33 I would do the Teraflex with their shocks for sure!
BUT Black Diamond got even more positive results for their on road ride (very close with TeraFlex) so due to this and only wanting 33's I am going with the BD and their shocks.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

I've heard and read some great things about the Black Diamond BB, but I'd rather change the shocks and coils, not just install a BB. I would feel better about it, especially since it will be a long-term mod. I assume I'll need 1.5" spacers as has been mentioned in other threads. If I go with the Skyjacker 2.5setup I referred to earlier, will I need anything else besides the rear brake line and front track bar relocation/extension brackets. Is there a more desireable setup than to use the relocation bracket for the front track bar or rear brake lines? Will everything be centered?

Thanks again,

Alex
Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

Hello,
Here in my country, Spain, I only can buy skyjacker 2.5 lift, and it costs around 975 dollar!!!!
So, do you think thatīs a good idea buy this kit, or should I try to buy another kit by internet and import it from the States to Spain running the risk of donīt receive all the pieces or another issue? My other dude is if all those aftermarkets kits (coils and bb) can fit also in a 2.8 crd euro wrangler unlimited with its extra weight...

Thank you very much!!
Old 10-13-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed the TeraFlex BB on my jeep this week. My front axle is not centered anymore and I have a badd wobble at high speeds. Many people have told me it may be because of the uncenterd axle. Also, from what I've read on here is NOT to use a relocation or extension bracket on the trackbar because they break very easily, but to go with an adjustable trackbar to recenter the axle. All jeeps aren't going to act the same so it may not happen to you but by the end of this my budget boost is going to run aroud 650. A little pricier than I wanted for just a budget boost. I believe for 650 I could have gone with a little better, more complete lift. Just my opinion...
Old 10-13-2007, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sastre
Hello,
Here in my country, Spain, I only can buy skyjacker 2.5 lift, and it costs around 975 dollar!!!!
So, do you think thatīs a good idea buy this kit, or should I try to buy another kit by internet and import it from the States to Spain running the risk of donīt receive all the pieces or another issue? My other dude is if all those aftermarkets kits (coils and bb) can fit also in a 2.8 crd euro wrangler unlimited with its extra weight...

Thank you very much!!
That is a very bad price. Can you order a suspension kit from someone in the states such as Northridge 4x4 or RedRock? For that price range, you can get a very good setup or a decent one for less money.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:01 PM
JK Newbie

I just installed the Skyjacker 2.5" lift on my 08 Sahara. the lift looks great and i am running 305x70x17 tires on rubicon wheels. however, the tires hit the brake lines when you turn sharp. Any suggestions? It does not seem to be a length problem but rather a spacing issue. there is flex on the lines but i dont know if i should "bend" them back in toward the frame a little or what. If it matters, i am running Goodyear MTs.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 AM
JK Freak

From what i've read when running a stock rubicon wheel with that size tire you have to get wheel spacers so they don't rub on anything.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

anyone else have this experience? What size spacers can we get away with? I dont want the tires sticking out from underneath the wheel wells if at all possible.

Quick Reply: Skyjacker 2.5" Lift