Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

skunkwerk bumper

Old 09-25-2008, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Powerplant mounted to the bumper. waiting for the skids.

SO i'm thinking about mounting the KC off-road light next to the powerplant. what do you guys think? I would use my fog light wires to control the lights.

Special thanks to River Raider for modifying the bumper to fit the powerplant.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi
very cool. I just ordered it. did you have to do anything special to mount it with the AEV winch mount?
Nope, no problems, but with that Warn power plant, you might not be able to rotate the e-disco, hence install the rubi plate. It will hit the winch. It was a tight fit with my small profile warn 9.5xp. On a power plant, I dunno man.

I noticed you put a spacer between the AEV winch base and the bumper mount. That would help, but your power plant is really tight against the grill. Might be Ok if the bottom of the winch is narrower like the smaller warns...

Last edited by VictorS; 09-25-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

the AEV instruction shows it had spacers between the winch plate and the frame. the PowerPlant fits very nicely after the mod. I saw on to install the skid you have to cut the cross bar. did you have to do that?

Quick Reply: skunkwerk bumper