Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

skunkwerk bumper

Old 09-15-2008, 05:03 PM
wdb
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed AEV about purchasing the winch mount plate and they never got back to me.

I really want it as a bumper though. It looks way better than the Expedition One.
Old 09-15-2008, 05:55 PM
jay
JK Newbie

I wanted a set up like the Rubicon King as well... I emailed AEV about this last week and they said:
"Thanks for your inquiry but our winch mount and bumpers are only sold as a set."
So, no dice.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:12 PM
JK Jedi Master

Woods is coming out with this soon. It is pretty basic too.

Official Woods / JeepSWAG Product News Thread
Old 09-15-2008, 08:31 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Robar
Woods is coming out with this soon. It is pretty basic too.

Official Woods / JeepSWAG Product News Thread
Thanks for posting that up Robar. Here's some added details. I'm coming out with two different bumpers.

The picture above is the DIY bumper. It will be 48" wide and the one in the picture, is cut down to 37". It's intended to be a starting point for someone to build their own bumper.

The second bumper is a minimalist stubby, with a little style. It will have partial end caps, an open top and light mount points. This picture does not do it justice, but it's part of one of the design drawings. All bends will have a slight radius to them, so the lines will be much softer than the picture. The shackle mounts will be available as an option.

More details and pricing info. can be found at the link that Robar posted.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:59 PM
JK Freak

woods, i might be first in line for this one. any plans for a bolt on hoop though? similar to the rugged ridge style?
Old 09-16-2008, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

I talked to the sales guy at AEV today and that wasn't any help either. I even asked him if there was anyone he can talk to about just selling the mount without the bumper and he wasn't willing to help at all. At this point i'm just going to get one made.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:27 AM
jay
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Woods
Thanks for posting that up Robar. Here's some added details. I'm coming out with two different bumpers.

The picture above is the DIY bumper. It will be 48" wide and the one in the picture, is cut down to 37". It's intended to be a starting point for someone to build their own bumper.

The second bumper is a minimalist stubby, with a little style. It will have partial end caps, an open top and light mount points. This picture does not do it justice, but it's part of one of the design drawings. All bends will have a slight radius to them, so the lines will be much softer than the picture. The shackle mounts will be available as an option.

More details and pricing info. can be found at the link that Robar posted.

That looks really good, pretty much what I'm looking for. I can't wait to see it finished
Old 09-16-2008, 06:10 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by voodoojk
woods, i might be first in line for this one. any plans for a bolt on hoop though? similar to the rugged ridge style?
Yup. I'm going to offer a hoop, fog light mounts (will make the fogs removable) a Electric Disco plate. And speaking of Rugged Ridge, I'm going to offer an adapter that will allow the use of the large Rugged Ridge hoop.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Yup. I'm going to offer a hoop, fog light mounts (will make the fogs removable) a Electric Disco plate. And speaking of Rugged Ridge, I'm going to offer an adapter that will allow the use of the large Rugged Ridge hoop.
sweet! most excellent! i will wait and see. if you need a test mule ( not to be confused with a coke mule) count me in.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:34 AM
JK Freak

yea woods, if you need a test mule down here in the Florida Muck, let me know. Im in need of a new one

Quick Reply: skunkwerk bumper