Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

skunkwerk bumper

Old 09-12-2008, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default skunkwerk bumper

anyone know who makes the skunkwerk front bumper?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:12 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi
anyone know who makes the skunkwerk front bumper?
which bumper are you refering to? or, which skunkwerks/underground JK did you see it on? i can tell you that most of the bumpers they used are either made by mopar or were AEV's.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just founf it the front bumper on the orange jk is made by aev but not sure if they sell them.
Old 09-13-2008, 05:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

i just founf it the front bumper on the orange jk is made by aev but not sure if they sell them.
I believe that they do or at least did sell them, but Expedition One makes a similar one that is pretty cool. http://www.expeditionone.biz/JKbasic.htm
Old 09-13-2008, 07:16 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

well, it's not a bumper. what you see on that JK is just their winch mount and they do sell it. the tow points are chrysler mil-spec d-rings and while there is a part number for them, i don't think you can order them.
Old 09-13-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

The skunkwerk bumper is made by AEV. Its actually just the standard AEV winch plate. I have it on my JK, but you'll be hard pressed to find it. Quadratec used to sell them, but no longer. Try contacting AEV directly to see if they still sell them.

The advantage of this set up is: light weight, high clearance and approach angle. I removed the bash bar underneath and installed the high clearance Expedition One rubi skid plate underneath to protect my e-disco. The e-disco is rotated up 90* to gain even more clearance. Perhaps its the not most beautiful bumper, but it sure works great offroad

WOL is correct about the tow points. Instead I bought some shackle mounts fron nates4x4 for $50 and some black D rings. Looks similar and still works great.

Last edited by VictorS; 09-13-2008 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just called AEV and the sales guy didn't know what I was talking about
Old 09-15-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Woods has something very similar now too. If you can't get the Skunworks/AEV one you'll be able to get something that's pretty darn close.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just called AEV and the sales guy didn't know what I was talking about
Suprising. I have the part number from the one I ordered form quadratec. Here it is exactly as on the invoice:

12049 101- 07 AEV FRONT BUMPER WINCH MOUNT JK 10303021AA

Maybe you can track it down. Its just the winch plate for the JK AEV bumper.

Maybe AEV made a change and now the plate is integrated to the bumper and not sold separately?
Old 09-15-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have access to the Orange JK this week, It's at the local 4WP (about 3 miles from my house) for a car show next weekend, and while I can't drive it I can take any detailed pics of something if someone needs them.

I was oogling over it last weekend while I was waiting on my KM2's to be mounted/balanced. After reading the fender I found that it is "Kabota Tractor Orange".

Quick Reply: skunkwerk bumper