Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skiier dude needs help

Old 09-08-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ski_bum
Just put it in a ski bag and throw it inside, put a couple extra towels in for after (if the bag leaks).

Personally I think on the roof is the best choice. Drill it and deal with it
Gutter mount Yakima / Thule. 20 minutes on / off, no holes. The bonus part is those systems are failrly compatible and have about 1000 accessories between them. I carry skis, snowboard, cargo baskets, kayaks, surfboards and more.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've thought about this as well. I would like to see some kind of mount like how you carry your fishing rods. A tube you can attach to the back (near one of the sides) that your skis could slide into and get strapped down. The tube would keep them clean and I think it would look good. Not sure if this would work. Just an idea.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would just go with the gutter mounted thule rack. I just acquired a thule pod for free so thats the route im going to go. As long as you have a hard top your set. Oh you may need a step stool to to get your skis out.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just remove my back seat and plenty of skis fit in fine. Just put them in ski bags and they won't scratch the piss out of everything. Or just pull your carpet and bedline your jeep and then you don't have to worry about scratches. I am not a big fan of putting skis on the outside of the vehicle since it is a pain in the ass to cover up the bindings so gunk doesn't get in there leading to malfunction. If you must put them on the outside, you are going to have to get a tire carrier first and then I rack that attaches to the tire to support it. And then covers for the bindings to keep the crud out. What a huge expense. Removing the rear seat is free. And besides look at it this way, the more you scratch up the inside of the jeep with no carpet the less work scuffing it you will have to do when you eventually bedline! Best of luck and safe skiing this season brother.
Old 01-15-2012, 07:46 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by surf9
I just remove my back seat and plenty of skis fit in fine. Just put them in ski bags and they won't scratch the piss out of everything.
x2

I also remove my rear seat. My skis in their bags, fit fine, along with boot bags and luggage.

Quick Reply: Skiier dude needs help