Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skids

Old 05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skids

Does anyone know if there are other aftermarket skids for the JK asides from the skid row ones? I'm looking for tranny/engine skids, maybe even fuel tank.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

I dont know of any. I spoke with Nth awhile back and they were hoping for a June time frame for some of their products for the JK.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Alright thanks for the info, I will check 'em out!
Old 05-19-2007, 12:09 PM
JK Newbie

I too was looking for skids and only found the skid row plate. I finally fabricated one for the gas tank skid plate myself. The pics. suck but...

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...996&ppuser=229
http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...997&ppuser=229

We drew it in ACAD and had it water jetted out of 3/16" steel. It attaches to the existing OE plate.
Let me know if you find anything else.
Old 05-19-2007, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pulmano1
I dont know of any. I spoke with Nth awhile back and they were hoping for a June time frame for some of their products for the JK.
I also called them up about a week ago and asked them about the availability of their skid plates. They told me that over the summer they will be developing a few different suspension systems. I know one of them is just about to go into production, but they are still developing the other two or three. Because they are so busy ironing out the suspensions they will not have any skids out until late summer. I am not affiliated with Nth degree in any way. I communicated my interest in purchasing an oil pan skid from them and they were nice enough to give me the above information.

-Living Still
Old 05-19-2007, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trynity
Does anyone know if there are other aftermarket skids for the JK asides from the skid row ones? I'm looking for tranny/engine skids, maybe even fuel tank.
Mel @ Evolution is testing a set by Kirby as we speak,also did a photo shoot,I'll check on his web site.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm in the process of making a cage to protect the evap canister and relocated muffler...starting from the transfer case factory skid and tieing into the rear crossmember just before the axle. Dunno what to do for the oil pan though, can't see a good way to tie it into the frame and if i have to mount it to the engine i'd rather just beef up the pan with 1/4 plate...
Old 05-20-2007, 03:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by fr33land
I too was looking for skids and only found the skid row plate. I finally fabricated one for the gas tank skid plate myself. The pics. suck but...

http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...996&ppuser=229
http://my.project-jk.com/showphoto.p...997&ppuser=229

We drew it in ACAD and had it water jetted out of 3/16" steel. It attaches to the existing OE plate.
Let me know if you find anything else.
Are you interested in making any more of them? Or is it too costly??
Old 05-20-2007, 10:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by captsam54
Are you interested in making any more of them? Or is it too costly??
I made and have 2 of them at this point and once I get them bent up and one of them in place (to make sure i didn't F anything up I made 2) I will have an extra plate. It would probably be a little costley to ship it (I don't know the exact weight yet), but your welcome to it if you want it. I can have them built and bent for about $300 if anyone else is interested (sorry but it ended up being a little more than I had originally thought). And if it doesn't work for you... I won't give you any grief if you want to send it back.
I will bend it up tomorrow so I should have pics of how it went and how it fits shortly there after.
Sorry to muddle up your thread with my B.S. TRYNITY
Old 05-20-2007, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Muddy_Rubicon
I'm in the process of making a cage to protect the evap canister and relocated muffler...starting from the transfer case factory skid and tieing into the rear crossmember just before the axle. Dunno what to do for the oil pan though, can't see a good way to tie it into the frame and if i have to mount it to the engine i'd rather just beef up the pan with 1/4 plate...
To me, that is the most vulnerable thing under there.. Why the heck is it there, Looks too easy to tear off..!!

Quick Reply: Skids