Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Row Offroad Front Chassis Skid Plate

Old 09-06-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Row Offroad Front Chassis Skid Plate

Anyone have one of these or heard anything good about em'? I have a friend offering me one for $40 to replace the crap plastic stock one ... Any suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12529_40X_PG.htm
Old 09-06-2011, 06:31 PM
JK Freak

I thought about gettign one but when I really looked at it, it mounts right onto the same bar the plastic air dam covers so what extra protection are you really getting?

BTW the plastic dam is not for protection, it's only there to provide air flow under the jeep so it's not such a brick.

Take the aire dam off adn see what it does to your gas mileage.

I'm looking at something more like AEV's, more coverage and seems to follow the air dam air flow function
Old 09-06-2011, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by emiles1987
Anyone have one of these or heard anything good about em'? I have a friend offering me one for $40 to replace the crap plastic stock one ... Any suggestions? Thanks!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12529_40X_PG.htm
You mean their advertisement plate? Yeah I had one and ended up giving it away to a forum member, and he butt fucked me on the shipping. My advice, save for a real bumper skid combo and don't blow your money on that pos. Also, cause I can't remeber who the fuck I sent it too, a big fuck you to the low life basturd I sent it too who never paid me for the shipping. Yeah, it was my fault, figured I'd give a shout out to the low life retard fucker wishing him the best of getting skull fucked by a weeping green dicked hiv infested donkey herd.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep

You mean their advertisement plate? Yeah I had one and ended up giving it away to a forum member, and he butt fucked me on the shipping. My advice, save for a real bumper skid combo and don't blow your money on that pos. Also, cause I can't remeber who the fuck I sent it too, a big fuck you to the low life basturd I sent it too who never paid me for the shipping. Yeah, it was my fault, figured I'd give a shout out to the low life retard fucker wishing him the best of getting skull fucked by a weeping green dicked hiv infested donkey herd.
Someone has been stuck inside from the weather too much this past weekend and has reverted to drinking!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM
JK Junkie

That time of the month again huh....
Old 09-06-2011, 07:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jason0341
Someone has been stuck inside from the weather too much this past weekend and has reverted to drinking!
Bwaaahhaaa, u know me perty good then now.

Anytime somebody says skidrow,makes my blood boil, not cause of the company, cause of me trying to be nice and having a dyslexicpalsy ridden goat fucker wack off on my ups label dreaming about me in a corsehaired coat with Peyronie's diseased antlers and trollcut chin hair.
Old 09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks worthless, other than being pretty
Old 09-06-2011, 09:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

POS for sure.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Bwaaahhaaa, u know me perty good then now.

Anytime somebody says skidrow,makes my blood boil, not cause of the company, cause of me trying to be nice and having a dyslexicpalsy ridden goat fucker wack off on my ups label dreaming about me in a corsehaired coat with Peyronie's diseased antlers and trollcut chin hair.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Super Freak

I got sucked into one of these too when I armored up. I didn't get any protection for my e-disco. I guess SRO has a new piece that goes under the e-disco and protects that area. It has brackets come down behind and it attaches there and to the front chassis under their other skid plate. The installer wasn't too happy that it left a gap between where the new plate comes up and the old chassis plate (about 1/2 inch space). He said they didn't seem to craft the new plate to fit snugly against the old plate. Go figure. I just thought I would add it so that I have some protection for the e-disco. Overall though, if I had it to do all over again, I would have looked for a different manufacturer. Between the original plate (around $80) and the new plate ($170) and the installation, the whole shebang ran me about $400. That's a lot of fucking money to still end up with a sort-of half-ass solution.

Quick Reply: Skid Row Offroad Front Chassis Skid Plate