Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Skid Plates for Rubicon

Old 02-09-2011, 06:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skid Plates for Rubicon

I been looking at many different companies with skid plates. Is there any that people perfer over others. What suggestions besides evap protection is needed for a Rubicon.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

I put the Evap skid plate on first thing, and am now getting ready to either put on an oil pan skid or get the new oil pan that Benchmark offers. I only have a 2.5 lift, and do not do any boulder crawling, so this should work for me. Everyone has their personal preferences. As my wife always says, it makes her wonder why they sell a "Rubicon" that is trail worthy without the necessary armor to protect it. I have to agree.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

with the exeception of your oil pan and, i supposed evap canister (which really isn't that big of a deal), your entire jeep already comes with good skid plates that work just fine. again, with the exception of my oil pan, i run stock skids on both my JK's and, if you've seen any of our photos or videos, you know what kind of trails i play on. trust me, save your money and abuse what you have now and, if they ever need to be replaced in the future, take care of it at that time.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by largo
I put the Evap skid plate on first thing, and am now getting ready to either put on an oil pan skid or get the new oil pan that Benchmark offers. I only have a 2.5 lift, and do not do any boulder crawling, so this should work for me. Everyone has their personal preferences. As my wife always says, it makes her wonder why they sell a "Rubicon" that is trail worthy without the necessary armor to protect it. I have to agree.
you think the benchmark designs evap and oil pan would good? I guess I never looked at what you guys had?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
with the exeception of your oil pan and, i supposed evap canister (which really isn't that big of a deal), your entire jeep already comes with good skid plates that work just fine. again, with the exception of my oil pan, i run stock skids on both my JK's and, if you've seen any of our photos or videos, you know what kind of trails i play on. trust me, save your money and abuse what you have now and, if they ever need to be replaced in the future, take care of it at that time.
I guess I never looked at what you guys run?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:24 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by snopro269
you think the benchmark designs evap and oil pan would good? I guess I never looked at what you guys had?
i run their HD oil pan on my orange jk and in my opinion, it's a much better option than running a full skid....

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up
Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Yeah I really like the oil pan they sell, Is the evap skid pretty good as well?!?

Quick Reply: Skid Plates for Rubicon